Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Central Locking/ Door Locking

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 10:35 AM
1st Gear
Default Central Locking/ Door Locking

A few weeks ago a door-closure warning light appeared on the dash... it was quite temperamental for a week or so. however, it is always on now. at first i thought i would ignore it and just turn the overhead light constantly off, so i wouldn't realise the problem.
Recently my car alarm has been going off randomly and also the battery has not been holding its charge (i thought the alarm could be draining the battery).

Today I have realised that locking the car using the fob does not lock the drivers door and does not set the alarm (it did up untill today), so i have to use the key to lock the car manually (the alarm is not set then).

Ive had a read around and it seems the problem is the locking mechanism and specifically the door-closure microswitch, which i understand is housed within the mechanism (not an easy job to repair).

Are all these problems related to the microswitch? if it is, i will look to replace the locking mechanism. Are there any checks i can make before taking the door pannels apart? or is there anyone that has experienced anything similar?

thanks for any advise

Old 02-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Tech Certified

Two places to check are the wiring from the drivers door in the rubber accordion or check the carpet under the drivers seat. If it is wet?

Old 05-23-2023, 04:47 AM
1st Gear

Hi jack I have this same problem did you sort it?

Old 06-04-2023, 11:15 PM
1st Gear

Imagine my excitement when I discovered a website that specializes in door sales! This fantastic online platform has made the process of finding and ordering doors incredibly easy. The website in the catalog is visually appealing and user-friendly, allowing me to browse through their extensive collection with ease. I appreciated the detailed product photos and descriptions, which gave me a clear idea of what to expect. The website also provided helpful guidance on measuring and installation, ensuring a smooth experience. The customer service was excellent, promptly addressing any queries I had. I'm grateful to have stumbled upon this website and can't wait to receive my new doors.