New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW TO AUDI: Can anyone in the Seattle area help me disable the autolock feature?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 06:36 PM
1st Gear
Question NEW TO AUDI: Can anyone in the Seattle area help me disable the autolock feature?

I just purchased an 04 Audi A4. At 8mph, the doors auto-lock. When I turn the engine off, the doors auto-unlock. The problem is when I park, everyone tries to open the door before I turn off the engine, so they are locked in until they pull the handle twice. Plus locking and unlocking all the time puts additional stress on the locking mechanism, and to me it is unnecessary.

I am looking for anybody that may help me disable the auto lock and auto-unlock feature. Also, I am looking to unlock all the doors when I press unlock on the key-fob. I am happy to drive to you and fork out some cash for the help.

PM me anytime, or reply to this post. Thanks to everyone in advance who offers help!