New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New CPO Q5 owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 10:45 AM
1st Gear
Smile New CPO Q5 owner

I just bought my first german (actually first non- japanese) car. It is a 2011 Audi Q5 with about 18k miles. It is certified preowned. Hoping for a good experience with it. Any advise on maintenance and up keep tips will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:19 PM
1st Gear

I too just bought my first German car, Q5 as well. Become very familiar with the TSB's (technical service bulletins). These will give you a lot of insight of reported problems when something goes wrong. Become familiar of all recalls Audi has posted and make sure your Q5 has had all that work done.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:09 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Willkommen to the forums!

if you purchased CPO, any recalls or the like should be sent to in the mail. The main thing to keeping (any) vehicle reliable for as long as possible is to stay on top of routine maintenance issues. Any other issues that arise, a CEL for instance, should be addressed as soon as possible to avoid costly complications.

keep in mind that maintenance costs will be a little higher than what you are probably used to. it is important that you make the effort to ensure that the person performing the work is well versed in the idiosyncrasies of German imports.

feel free to turn to the forums if you have questions or problems

good luck

have fun

Old 07-27-2012, 08:11 AM
1st Gear
Default How to get TSB's

Originally Posted by stickman1970
I too just bought my first German car, Q5 as well. Become very familiar with the TSB's (technical service bulletins). These will give you a lot of insight of reported problems when something goes wrong. Become familiar of all recalls Audi has posted and make sure your Q5 has had all that work done.
Could you please let me know how to get the TSB's and what to do with them. Also, do you do your maintenance through an Audi dealer or through a private auto service shop. Please advise. Thanks.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:14 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 02A6Beau
Willkommen to the forums!

if you purchased CPO, any recalls or the like should be sent to in the mail. The main thing to keeping (any) vehicle reliable for as long as possible is to stay on top of routine maintenance issues. Any other issues that arise, a CEL for instance, should be addressed as soon as possible to avoid costly complications.

keep in mind that maintenance costs will be a little higher than what you are probably used to. it is important that you make the effort to ensure that the person performing the work is well versed in the idiosyncrasies of German imports.

feel free to turn to the forums if you have questions or problems

good luck

have fun
I am notsure what a CEL is, please let me know. Also, where would you advise that maintenance and other work be done- at an Audi dealer or at private auto service shop that is locally well-versed in Audi. Please advise. Thanks.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:39 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

CEL=check engine light

As far as where to get maintenance done, either option is acceptable. Usually an independent shop is a bit less expensive and will offer you the option of compatible, non-OEM parts, which are usually also less expensive. sometimes it comes down to which is more convenient.

good luck

Old 08-15-2012, 04:21 AM
1st Gear

love the Q5! enjoy that great car