New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member, hello from Central New Jersey!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Default New member, hello from Central New Jersey!

Hey guys, just doing the obligatory "Hello, my name is..." lol.
I'm Colin, 25 years old, Financial Services Rep for a firm in Woodbridge.
I am about to purchase a '96 A4 2.8 Quattro.

Now, heres the meat of the post.

First off, I have to get this out of the way before anyone tells me I'm crazy. This is not my primary vehicle. I am taking this car on as a labor of love. I can afford the trouble I am about to get myself into.

Secondly, about the car. 5 Spd Manual Tranny, Factory option Bilstein suspension, 149k miles. Black leather Interior, heated... yeayea the usual. Pelican Blue Paint Job. The previous owner added an S4 steering wheel, S4 rims, and a miscolored (Black) trunk. Everything else on this car's appearance I love, with the glaring error in the back really pissing me off already.

I have been looking to find a rplacement trunk with no avail. But I am not sure I am looking in the right places. Is there a chance that I can find a trunk to replace in the proper color, or should I just repaint the entire car? I'm in love with the blue and would really like to keep the stock paint if possible.

Also, I am mechanically inclined, but I know nothing of Audi repairs, How much different is this to screw around with and what should I be concerned with first?

Thanks for your time, and thanks for the site.
Colin