New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member from South Africa

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 06:36 AM
1st Gear
Default New member from South Africa

Good day Gents,

I'm more of a Beemer guy, but my wife drives a 2009 Q5 2.0 TFSI. This car has just come out of Plan, although the mileage is 80k km it's now over 5 years old. So yes, many short trips and not nearly enough long ones I'm afraid.

As with many Q5's of this age, there's many small niggles to the car (and recently a big one) and many times I thought of trading it in on an X5, but the missus flatly refuses to get rid of the car. She just loves it too much.

Truth be told, I can understand why as it's actually a very good drive and I enjoy the few times I'm driving the car. Plus, the steering on the car is much lighter than the X5, for this reason she hates driving the Beemers.

I'm the second owner of the car and we were lucky as this one was spec'ed really well. Xenons, Panoramic roof, PDC, 19" rims and an incredible sounding B&O sound system.

So, with us (well, she) deciding to hold onto it for a bit longer I've taken on the repairs on the car. I'm more of the electronics type, but have been maintaining my other cars for some time. That being said, I'm a lot more confident working on them as I know the BMW cars much better than Audi. I'm hoping to learn lots here though!

Anyway, I'll be posting up some DIY stuff that I've done on the car elsewhere here.

Ta,