New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 02:05 AM
Default New Owner

First Audi for me, and I just love it.

Picked up a '96 A4 2.8 w/ 186k miles for 2k, it was either it or a '92 BMW 325IS. Drove the Audi and didn't even look at the bmw, the car has seen it's share of miles but feels so solid and just is so smooth down the highway, a buddy bought a new Impala LTZ and the first thing he said after driving my a4 was "I can guarantee you my impala won't feel as tight as your audi at 186k miles".

So far I'm impressed with the quality of the build. The car itself has its quirks IE. leaks a bit of oil, not enough for me to care or worry about. Window reg in the passenger is done, driver seat's leather is worn and tore in places, and it was hit on the bottom of the driver side door (just a bit of primer and a new trim piece will do it just peachy), sunroof switch/motor is dead, and climate control screen flickers, but heat/ac works fine just a pain to adjust the fan speed and whatnot. Nothing out of the ordinary for the year or mileage.

So far all I've done to the car is replace the plugs, change out the crappy penzoil for castrol high mileage, and ran 44k through it. Air filter is going on tomorrow, I want to clean the ICV? aswell.

Couple of questions I did have that someone might be able to address or direct me to an answer is I want to see about doing the timing belt (The last owner doesn't know when it was last done and the only repair paperwork he had was for an alternator, belt (not sure if that was a timing belt or just a belt, paperwork was from the first owner) and cluth) I want to see about getting this done asap. Also wanted to see about doing a tranny service and fuel filter.

Here's a pic -