Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

1996 A4 2.8q Small Twins or Big Single?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 10:27 PM

thats nice to know that it will inter change well that would make it a little less complicated to do a 1.8 swap just would have to have all the wiring off a car and ecu and turbo and motor i wonder even if you go all the wiring if the wiring on the car like all the wiring that runs to the gauges would need to be taped in to i always wondered about doin a 30v swap but it would also take alot of work to do it has a completely different wiring and the crank pos sen in the trans is in a different spot the 12v reads the teeth off the fly wheel as the 30v reads windows toward the clutch side of the flywheel i just went thought putting a fly wheel in my car cause it was missing a tooth on the flywheel caused all kinds of timing loss and miss firing but its good now i still think it would prob be cheaper to sell and buy one of the other a4 with the 30v or the 1.8 t or s4 if you can find one for the right price or just live with the 12v lol i do like the way a magnaflow sounds like on my car plus i live in a town where no one knows anything bout audis i was at the local tire shop getin some tires and a guy walked up and was lookin at my car and said nice car i said thanks he said what is it a toyota i had to stop my self from crakin up lol but i get alot of looks in this town cause i belive that the a4 is a nice lookin car and even better when it looks like a s4 so ill stick with my slower version but i will listen to any one if they have any thing on doin a swap on this 12v platform you never know maybe i would find a good deal one day on doin a swap thanks

Old 02-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Tech Slut

man is your "period" button missing or what? holy **** that was hard to read... plus im half drunk... jesus

Old 02-25-2010, 11:45 AM
1st Gear

Wow, i remember when i was in your position. I was doing the same thing to the 12v I had, I had exact placement, diagrams, how to do oil return / oil feed, whether or not the turbo was going to be all the way in the rear or behind the tranny ( FWD ) and all that. Theres just alot to customize, but its possible. Not knowing for sure how much the 12v can handle I had the FMIC ready to go and was ran to the middle of the car ( end of tranny for FWD ) where i was going to put the turbo.

All in all, that ended with me messing up the timing... but regardless, Im sure the v6 can handle close to or just as much power as the 1.8T just prob not as efficiently. I knew a few people who have actually done it, but they never really gave me details on what they were making and for how long or no dyno sheets or anything of that nature. The only thing i got was that someone made 290ish but then blew his motor but they said it was not because of the turbo application. But just like any other N/A car, just worry about getting the turbo on there, run low boost because obviously the 12v can handle just a tiny bit more power and then go from there is all i can say. Figure out who can tune the car in your area and go from there. Its all about trial and error, something has to break before you can understand/get it right the next time, specially with a car that NO one even wants to touch.

Last edited by 1SIKA4; 02-25-2010 at 11:50 AM.