Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

my 12v v6 rear mount turbo setup is done

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 04:36 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: my 12v v6 rear mount turbo setup is done

wow. neat setup. But your pipes were lower than mine. Also, how are you oiling your turbo? I was too afriad to place my MAF back there so I ran a push through instead of your pull through...interesting. Well, like someone said earlier if you want do to it right, then do it right..dont bother with those ebay parts. I have high quality parts that are NEW!!!!! and willing to deal cuz I need them gone and I buying a G2 with water injection (320 is enough power for me for now). I will pm you prices and specs! I also have tuning available for you setup.....

Old 03-12-2007, 05:44 PM
1st Gear

ok guys here is a good problem for you to solve: I have a boost/vac leak somewherein the intake in the engine compartment. ive ruled out the turbo piping andall the aftermarket stuff, it is somewhere in the stock part of the manifold.I have also ruled out the wastegate andexhaust leaks, So without being able to look at the car and I havent been able to use a smoke leak detector yet, does anybody knowif there is a notoriousvac leak problemwith the 2.8 12v a4 that is big enough that i wouldnt be able to build more than 2psi at full rpm/throttle.(i already sealed up my plastic check valve for the brake booster because it was blowing apart under boost, sothat is not it either)

Old 03-12-2007, 06:08 PM
1st Gear

Hey, im very interested on all the stuff you need to do this.. and how if possible??? im going to go and pick up a turbo tomorrow and start this project. i was wondering if you could help me out at all.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:43 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: asv4k8

ok guys here is a good problem for you to solve: I have a boost/vac leak somewhere in the intake in the engine compartment. ive ruled out the turbo piping and all the aftermarket stuff, it is somewhere in the stock part of the manifold. I have also ruled out the wastegate and exhaust leaks, So without being able to look at the car and I havent been able to use a smoke leak detector yet, does anybody know if there is a notorious vac leak problem with the 2.8 12v a4 that is big enough that i wouldnt be able to build more than 2psi at full rpm/throttle. (i already sealed up my plastic check valve for the brake booster because it was blowing apart under boost, so that is not it either)
I would look at the stock plastic intake to the throttle body, it's a weak part, and can leak on a NA car. Then I would check the EVAP purge system, then the vacuum lines that are right at the TB area. I don't think they would like boost much, since they suck air. My guess is you are now pressurizing the internals of the engine, instead of it running in vacuum. You might need to run a catch can, & put in some one way check valves.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:07 PM
1st Gear

your throttle body hose which is flexible and plastic NEEDS to be a hardpipe..trust me. I made that mistake and replaced it with a hardpipe, took it back to the tuner and everything worked out so much better.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:09 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Black97a4

Hey, im very interested on all the stuff you need to do this.. and how if possible??? im going to go and pick up a turbo tomorrow and start this project. i was wondering if you could help me out at all.
you can buy my set up and go from there. you will have a HUGE head start without all the headache and calculations I did for you already, and for a fraction of the price! You have a pm from me.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:03 AM
1st Gear

GreekA4, I'm pretty sure that if he has already made his own set-up, he's probably not going to want to buy yours. How bad for boost would a oval shaped pipe be? I know it wouldn't flow as good due to being squeezed, but in a low boost situation, would there be much of a difference? Just thinking ofa different way to save ground clearance

Old 03-13-2007, 03:32 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Hey_You

GreekA4, I'm pretty sure that if he has already made his own set-up, he's probably not going to want to buy yours. How bad for boost would a oval shaped pipe be? I know it wouldn't flow as good due to being squeezed, but in a low boost situation, would there be much of a difference? Just thinking ofa different way to save ground clearance
first of all, when i pmed himI was offering parts as well,if he wanted to upgrade and couldnt find any good deals on the turbonetics/turbosmart parts I have, or if he is looking to completely tune it sometime soon. Second, about the oval shaped pipe, depending on the where it is and how much it is squeezed, but for the most part if it is a portion of the charge pipes, then that wouldnt be a smart idea. Either way, in that section it will lessen the I.D. to a degree, and cuz too much air turbulence when air will flow back into a round pipe. If you are talking about trying to get down the firewall, a 2inch I.D. pipe clearly fits. I hope that helps all who are trying this set up now.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:28 PM
1st Gear

was your kit ever running? and did you build any pressure, if so what was the max pressure you were able to produce[/align]

Old 03-16-2007, 04:28 AM
1st Gear

the system is tuned to 7psi with the Unichip tuning. Before that I was only seeing 2-3 psi w/o tuning like you are, and rough idle. That was only for a few miles, until I programmed the tuning. The tuning portions still needs a bit more FINE tuning that a dealer can do with a dyno, because I do not have access to one.

Quick Reply: my 12v v6 rear mount turbo setup is done