Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Need help fast!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 01:39 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation Need help fast!!!!

Ok, I have a 2002 Audi TT Quattro 225hp motor. Just yesterday it started jerking really bad while accelerating. When I come to a stop it would cut of. If I cranked it and let it sit it would cut off. I replaced the old DV valve with a Forge DV splitter. I had it on hybrid mode. I figured it was acting up bc it wasnt used to it so I changed it to straight recurcuation. The car would run fine for a while then, well started jerking again. I push the clutch in and it would rev just fine. Let the clutch engage and accerate and nothing but jerking my head off. Downshift did fine. I looked under the hood and I noticed that the TIP was off the turbo and the rubber that was clamped to the turbo was broken. I am so confussed. I want to believe its the TIP but like i said, I press the clutch and the engine will rev up just fine. While driving I can press the clutch just a very little bit and it will accelerate with no jerking, release the clutch and there it goes. Also, I guess bc of the aggressive jerking some little white piece on the trans where the gear selector is comes off and it will only go into certain gears. I put it back on and I can change gears just fine. I did slide the TIP back over the turbo and it would do fine untill i guess it fell off. Is my problem only the broken TIP? or is it something bigger? I got to fix this within 3 days bc it is my daily car.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

also, any ideas on where to find the TIP at a good price? The best I found was about $165. I did see one on ebay for about $100 shipped. It looked just like the other ones.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:24 AM
2nd Gear

When revving, you don't build boost. So your symptoms have only occur when boost is generated. Which points toward your plumbing.
First, check all your hoses/connections from the compressor outlet to your throttle body; rips, loose clamps, leaks, etc.

Best: pressurize your system with a leak tester (there are DIY solutions on the forums; Home Depot plastic pipe and plug, drill hole and thread compressed air nipple in. Rubber boot and hose clamps). Use care (only needs a few PSI to find a leak).

Originally Posted by 02tt_quattro
also, any ideas on where to find the TIP at a good price? The best I found was about $165. I did see one on ebay for about $100 shipped. It looked just like the other ones.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:51 PM
1st Gear

Wb the broken turbo inlet pipe? Wouldn't that cause a problem since its not getting the right reading through the MAF?

Old 04-21-2012, 04:20 PM
1st Gear

It's definitely your Turbo Inlet pipe. Replace it and you should be fine.

When you put your clutch in, you're NOT generating boost since the system is in vacuum. The ECU has pre determined settings for this. When you put your foot down, your MAF and ECU are reading more air than they should and are subsequently retarding the timing and fuel. Hence the jerking.

Any TIP you find online is likely to be better than stock. Even the EBAY ones.

P.S I had the same thing happen to me twice. (This also happens when you run a BOV)

Good Luck!