North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Central Massachusetts cruise to the Import Wars @ New England Dragway

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 10:18 PM
1st Gear
Default Central Massachusetts cruise to the Import Wars @ New England Dragway

Hello everyone. I am putting together a cruise to New England Dragway. My friends and I came up with this idea a while ago and I have attempted it before. But on my first cruise, I didn’t invite that many people…and some of them couldn’t make it. It was still a blast but there were not enough cars. This time I am going all out and inviting as many people as I can. Now I don’t know about you, but I think the more cars…the better.

I also took some suggestions from people on the last cruise on how to make it better so hopefully this one will turn out better than the last one. The meeting spot is going to be the same (Greendale Mall) because it’s easy to get too. But if you don’t want to meet us there or it’s inconvenient you can meet us near the Dragway. I would like to have a second meeting spot at the Walmart near the dragstrip. That way we can get all the cars together so we can arrive at NED in one group.

The cruise will be on August 6th and the event we are going up there for is the Import Wars. For more info, go here: http://www.newenglanddragway.com/sch.../imports.shtml

All types of cars and bikes are welcome to come provided they are not crap. And if you have friends with nice vehicles, I encourage you to invite them too. More cars...more fun!

Recap:

Cruise to the Import Wars at New England Dragway in Epping, NH

August 6th, 2005

Meeting Spot: Worcester, MA @ Greendale Mall in the parking lot under the I-190 bridge.

Be there between 11:00 and 11:30AM. We will be leaving a little after 11:30am. From there, we will go to the Walmart near NED...and then its strait to the Dragstrip so we can hopefully get there for the eliminations.

If you want to compete in the show or race, you should to leave earlier. Bikes are limited to street fighter class only. I welcome all types of vehicles to come on the cruise but full size V8 American cars, trucks, or SUVs are not allowed to enter the Import Wars event itself. Look at the web site for details.

This cruise is for free and for fun but there will be a small fee at the gate.

Please, if you have any questions or suggestions, or anything to say about this at all…please e-mail or PM me…or post.

BTW…weather permitting. If it rains, the rain date is the following Friday (Aug 12). We will meet at the same place except meet there between 2:30 and 3:00pm and leave at 3:15 and we will cruise up to a regular street night at NE Dragway.

If you need directions, you can do mapquest…but mapquest likes to make things complicated. Your better off e-mailing me and I can give much more simple directions.

Thanks, and I hope to see some of you there! Please post if you are interested in this. I would like to get an idea of how big (or small...but hopefully big) this is going to be.

Tony

just as a side note, i am not affiliated with NED in any way. this is just for fun.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:31 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Central Massachusetts cruise to the Import Wars @ New England Dragway

c'mon...i need some Audis to come! Noone is interested?

Old 08-03-2005, 08:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Central Massachusetts cruise to the Import Wars @ New England Dragway

UPDATE:

Ok, if everyone that in interested in coming does come, I have about 20-25 cars. Now I know that everyone is not going to show up for some reason or another, but there is another side of this....I have given out a large number of fliers to promote this....you don’t need to tell me, i know, its gay.....but it seems to work. I have had good feedback from it. So hopefully, I will get a few more cars from that.

As for the cruise itself, the meeting spot and time is going to be the same: greendale mall, meet at 11-11:30am....leave at 11:35am. I was going to have a second meting spot half way to NED but many people don’t seem to want to do that...boo to that...but what cha gonna do.

Instead the second meeting spot will be at the Walmart in Epping. Its 5-10 minutes away from the dragstrip itself. The idea is to have a second meeting spot so that people that are closer to NED don’t have to drive down to Worcester, MA and then back up again. And this way, we can get everyone together (because I know the group/caravan is going to get split up) so that we can all cruise to the dragstrip in one big group.

Old 08-11-2005, 05:30 PM
1st Gear

how did it turn out?