North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

RESCHUDULED BY NED: Central Massachusetts cruise to Import Wars @ New England Dragway II

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 02:38 AM
1st Gear
Default RESCHUDULED BY NED: Central Massachusetts cruise to Import Wars @ New England Dragway II

THE EVENT ON OCTOBER 8TH HAS BEEN CANCELLED. BUT NEW ENGLAND DRAGWAY HAS RESCHEDULED THE EVENT FOR OCTOBER 22ND!

THE REST OF THE INFO INCLUDING THE MEETING TIME AND PLACE IS THE SAME. JUST A DIFFERENT DATE.

Hey everyone...again. I’m doing another cruise to the Import Wars. The last cruise on August 6th was great. The turnout was excellent. 25+cars last time. But you know what; I still want more cars on this one!

I took suggestions from participants of the last cruise and made some changes.

The cruise will be on Saturday October 22nd and the event we are going up there for is the Import Wars. For more info, go here: http://www.newenglanddragway.com/sch.../imports.shtml

All types of cars and bikes are welcome to come provided they are not crap. And if you have friends with nice vehicles, I encourage you to invite them too. More cars...more fun!

Recap:

Cruise to the Import Wars at New England Dragway in Epping, NH

October 22nd, 2005

Meeting Spot: Worcester, MA @ Greendale Mall in the parking lot under the I-190 bridge. (7 Neponset Street)

Be there between 6:30 and 6:45am. We will be leaving at 6:50am. From there, we will go to the Walmart near NED...and then its strait to the Dragstrip so we can hopefully get there for the gates opening…although we will probably be a little late. I know this is early, but I got many complaints about us going too late on my last cruise to the Import Wars (8/6/05). People wanted to go earlier and get there for the gates opening so that we get our moneys worth. And honestly, that’s not a bad idea. The event does end on the early side.

Also, we will probably stop for food on the way if anyone wants too.

Bikes are limited to street fighter class only. I welcome all types of vehicles to come on the cruise but full size V8 American cars, trucks, or SUVs are not allowed to enter the Import Wars event itself. Look at the web site for details.

This cruise is for free and for fun but there will be a small fee at the gate.

Please, if you have any questions or suggestions, or anything to say about this at all…please e-mail or PM me…or post.

BTW…weather permitting. If it rains…that sucks

If you need directions, you can do mapquest…but mapquest likes to make things complicated. You’re better off e-mailing me and I can give much more simple directions.

Thanks, and I hope to see some of you there! Please post if you are interested in this…just so I can get an idea of how big (or small…but hopefully big) this is going to be.

Tony

just as a side note, i am not affiliated with NED in any way. this is just for fun.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:53 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Central Massachusetts cruise to Import Wars @ New England Dragway II

Hey everyone. Just as a reminder for anyone who is interested...the cruise is this weekend. Hope to see some of you there!

Old 10-06-2005, 02:35 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Central Massachusetts cruise to Import Wars @ New England Dragway II

wow thats VERY VERY early in the morning, but the greendale mall is like 10 mins from my house. but i might go and bring some of my friends that are coming home for the long weekend

Old 10-06-2005, 11:58 PM
1st Gear

Hate to say it because I was looking forward to it...but the weather looks like its gonna suck. weather.com says 80% chance of heavy down pours and thunder storms. Im calling it off. The rain date if anyone is interested is October 28th. Its the last street night of the season. Then the track closes until next spring.

Old 10-07-2005, 02:33 AM
4th Gear

ya i was going to say that, damn i was lookin forward to it, oh well there is always another time. but def keep me updated

Old 10-09-2005, 03:20 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: RESCHUDULED BY NED: Central Massachusetts cruise to Import Wars @ New England Dragway II

well, they rescheduled. Im kind of surprised. NED doesnt usually do that.

Old 10-09-2005, 10:43 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: RESCHUDULED BY NED: Central Massachusetts cruise to Import Wars @ New England Dragway II

i am going to try and make it. anyone else going from CT we could meet up and go from here
Dom

Old 10-19-2005, 01:37 AM
1st Gear

well, its this weekend and im looking forward to it! Anyone else interested?

Old 10-21-2005, 08:55 PM
1st Gear

well, its tommorrow, I hope to see some of you there.