Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

*Official Thanksgiving Thread*

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 03:08 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: *Official Thanksgiving Thread*

the kid lives ~100 ft away from my house. im definitely not driving that day lol

Old 11-18-2007, 11:27 AM
5th Gear

I guess if we don't see Chaos for about a week after Thanksgiving day, we'll know he took ^your^ advice.

That PÄ…czki looks pretty good, by the way.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:04 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: UpstateNYA4

I have always liked watching the Lions pretend to play pro football and usually botch it pretty good
Strangely, I'd like to be around to see them play. It usually isn't a complete Turkey Day until I see the Lions lose. Good luck to them anyway!

Old 11-18-2007, 12:08 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: vnv727

And Im gonna make a bunch of PÄ…czki on Wed.
I've only had the jelly-filled kind, but they are tasty! Isn't "Fat Tuesday" just before lent?

Old 11-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

WINE SELECTIONS FOR THE DAY: edited for reviews.
Chateau St. Jean 05 Chardonnay .......no taste...flushed it. this was part of our "wine of the month". we won't buy any of that.
Lucia 05 Chardonnay- average. 7 out of 10 rating
Chateau St. Jean 04 Cinq Cepages (the older years of this are one of my favorites 94 - 98, great years)
Dunn 91 Cabernet- very good. almost like a french wine
Chateau St. Jean 06 Pinot Noir- love pinot's, it was ok, but nothing to write home about.
St. Francis Reserve 98 Merlot- this one was a good one. enjoyed it!
and....our friends brought a 97 opus one!! THAT was a good one.

but the top 2 were the dunn and the opus!!

oh and for youcooks out there....the bread pudding with mushrooms and parmasan cheese got 2 thumbs up from my guests...i'll post the recipe up top in the recipe thread in the next few days. definately a "make again"!!

Old 11-18-2007, 01:18 PM
6th Gear

Usually my family goes to Cleveland to visit my dads family for thanksgiving and we have a huge family dinner, but this year we're just gonna stay home and Fry a turkey.

The catch is my lil sis wants everyone to make something, so if anyone here has a simple but good recipe for a side or something that would be greatly appreciated

Old 11-18-2007, 02:39 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: vnv727

errm double post.... well you just need to have double the amount of fun then... you best smoke a freakin pound [:-][:-][:-]
lol i'll do my best

Old 11-18-2007, 09:58 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee

Chateau St. Jean 05 Chardonnay .......no taste...flushed it. this was part of our "wine of the month". we won't buy any of that.
Chateau St. Jean 04 Cinq Cepages (the older years of this are one of my favorites 94 - 98, great years)
Chateau St. Jean 06 Pinot Noir- love pinot's, it was ok, but nothing to write home about.

oh and for youcooks out there....the bread pudding with mushrooms and parmasan cheese got 2 thumbs up from my guests...i'll post the recipe up top in the recipe thread in the next few days. definately a "make again"!!
Opus is some pretty expensive stuff, isn't it?? I read about it in Robert Mondavi's autobiography; pretty good book, actually.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:02 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee

had the jean pinot last night and finished the remainder of a St. Francis cab (not reserve) tonight.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:03 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

aren't you an observant one. yes it is costly. you save those bottles for special occasions. luckily our friends enjoy wine like we do and we all share our "stashes"!
one of the wives got called back to american airlines and will be flying on thursday, so we made "thanksgiving" be today.

i find it odd that you know about wine at 16....but good for you. learn about it now...drink it when your're 21

Quick Reply: *Official Thanksgiving Thread*