Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

*Official Thanksgiving Thread*

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:06 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: *Official Thanksgiving Thread*

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee

i find it odd that you know about wine at 16....but good for you. learn about it now...drink it when your're 21

haha my uncle tought me about wine one time when we were waiting for 3 hours to get dinner at a restaraunt in Cincinnati, unfortunantly I was like 11 or something and don't remember much. Would you like to re-enlighten me?

Old 11-18-2007, 10:09 PM
5th Gear

Haha, I really like reading up on it. I just find wine to be sooo much different than other alcohol. Not only in the aspect of the drink itself, but the way people drink it. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I can't wait 'til I get to take my first trip to Europe.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:10 PM
2nd Gear

I imagine I'll be doing the usual. Alone, drinking myself into early liver failure, eating stale McNuggets, waiting patiently by the phone for another fool who thinks his wife is cheating and wants photos for the divorce.

Typical holiday.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

sure. maybe i should start a "wine education" thread and every day post a little "factoid".
except the thing about wine is it's all about personal preference, but it's very interesting to understand the different reigons of the world and why they produce different tasting wines.
so much has to do with the type of soil, how it's barreled, etc.

sometimes we go to parties where you get blindtastes of 7 or so different wines and the list of what's being served. you then have to match glass # with one of the wines: #1 wine was the french (and actually...those are the easiest to pick out) etc, etc.

edit; even if girls aren't "wine drinkers", they are ALWAYS impressed of their dates knowledge of wine.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:13 PM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: kolbs_91

Haha, I really like reading up on it. I just find wine to be sooo much different than other alcohol. Not only in the aspect of the drink itself, but the way people drink it. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I can't wait 'til I get to take my first trip to Europe.

You obviously have never experienced a tour de Ferenza IT will change your thought about who and how wine is consumed.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:15 PM
5th Gear

That thread is a great idea; you should start it!!

Mondavi's autobiography is seriously a great book. It not only teaches you a lot about wine, regions, etc., but just as much about the lifestyle that most true wine-enthusiasts embrace.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:15 PM
6th Gear

sure. maybe i should start a "wine education" thread and every day post a little "factoid".
except the thing about wine is it's all about personal preference, but it's very interesting to understand the different reigons of the world and why they produce different tasting wines.
so much has to do with the type of soil, how it's barreled, etc.

sometimes we go to parties where you get blind tastes of 7 or so different wines and the list of what's being served. you then have to match glass # with one of the wines: #1 wine was the french (and actually...those are the easiest to pick out) etc, etc.

edit; even if girls aren't "wine drinkers", they are ALWAYS impressed of their dates knowledge of wine.

It's like my dad and his bourbon tasting.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:16 PM
5th Gear

Good to know!!

Old 11-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

I imagine I'll be doing the usual. Alone, drinking myself into early liver failure, eating stale McNuggets, waiting patiently by the phone for another fool who thinks his wife is cheating and wants photos for the divorce.

Typical holiday.
should i send you a "to go bag" of right over?
that really sucks.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:33 PM
2nd Gear

should i send you a "to go bag" of right over?
that really sucks.
Nah, I'm used to it. I don't think I'd know what to do witha bunch of friends and family, sitting around the TV wearing ugly sweaters and drinking Charles Shaw anyway. Krug maybe, but I still couldn't do the sweaters.

A "to go bag" of Tom Kha Gai and Chicken Sate would be super though.

Quick Reply: *Official Thanksgiving Thread*