Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
59.18%
PS3
40.82%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

360 or PS3?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 07:21 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 360 or PS3?

Reason #3
Resistance: Fall of Man

Old 12-28-2007, 07:31 AM
1st Gear

Reason #4
Metal Gear Solid 4

Old 12-28-2007, 09:15 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: TopSpeedCustoms

reason #2 for the PS3
Uncharted: Drakes fortune
Tomb Raider without ****. Count me out.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:54 PM
3rd Gear

The new gran turismo is Garbage!! The only + for Playstaion is Socom its like there Halo.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:52 PM

Alrighty, Im posting this having not felt it neccassary to read and reveiw all the posts before mine. Both consoles are absolutely great. The 360 has X-Box live, which at this point in time the ps3 cannot compare to on any level. Along with Halo, which is just a blow-your-mind-away game. Beyond those stipulations, I see the ps3 shining through.

Just to let everyone know now, I am a PS3 owner. In the past couple months the idea of getting a 360 crossed my mind, but seemed a little... how to word it?.... retarded. Besides Halo, I had no need to get it.

From here on I will be completely biased towards the PS3, although I will admit the 360 is an awesome piece of machinery.

-UNBOXING: From unboxing, I feel the PS3 has a much cleaner look to it. Glossy smooth flowing black will always win over symetrical oddly shaped white to both my eye and the eye of anyone looking at a home theater system.
-MAIN MENU/INTERFACE: The main menu's xcross bar seems to me much cleaner andeasier to navigate than the 360's. (I have played with the 360 for many hours, nothing special.) And with the new improvement of theme selection, the styling of the ps3's main menu opens endless possibilites.
-CONTROLLER: The controller to me has been something of a love hate type of relationship. Battery life of the SIXAXIS is absolutely stunning when compared to the 360's. When I was at school last year I basically lived in my friends apartment and played countless hours of COD3/Halo2 multiplayer. I cannot rant enough about how comfortable the 360's controller is when compared to the ps3's. I have larger hands and the ps3's controller seems dwarfed by awkwardly long fingers. (took years to accept that my hand looks like E.T.'s.) But with a recent monetary improvement, I will soom be able to accomplish the PS360 controller swap I have been waiting to accomplish. So yes, in this field the 360 wins. As far as the motion sensing abilities of the SIXAXIS, it will never compare to the Wii (the system for which every aspect of gaming is based off of motion sensing), but definitely adds a certain touch to games that the 360 will never have)
GAMES: Yea, this subject speaks for itself. The 360 has so many more games available than the ps3. Not talking about multi-platform games, the PS3 is only beginning to increase its original game titles. This now leads us over to the 360's major setback at this time. What I've only recently learned about, is what some people call the "Halo-Effect". Halo was the selling point of the 360 for years. And although it will be played and played and played some more by online fanatics, how long came one game be played for. Being that the trilogy of Halo games is out, what games will 360 fans have to look forward to?? Im personally not into racing games, so I cant really add my opinion there, but from what I've heard and read, GT is going to be unbeleivably unbeleivable(yea......). Supposed crazy graphics and physics realism not to mention amazing vehicles and customization to choose from. Game availability on the ps3 has been slow only because of difficulty programming for the new processor of the ps3, but now that developers are beginning to learn how to work with the system, games are going to be flowing out of developers like..... well, like something that flows really fast.
RELIABILITY: 30%.... thats all that needs to be said. What this number represents is what has completley turned me off of the 360. The failure rate of xbox 360 consoles is said to be at or above 30%reported by major reatailers of the 360. How a company could produce, ship, sell, and replace a product with a 30% failure rate is just mind-numbing. Thats a TON of consoles. Buying this system is just asking for a head-smack. IMO that is. I've owned the PS3 and PSP since release. It seemed only natural to join ps3forums to learn and discuss any issues, questions I had with it. Maybe 5 people have reported problems, and maybe 2 failures. All of which have a one week send out, turn around time from Sony. They take care of there customers. 360's you ask??? I've heard of maybe 3-4 weeks of return time.
Being that Im getting mad bored of doing this on my break.... Im just going to point out some other main points of my rant for the PS3.
-Storage media: The ps3's built in blu-ray drive allows for easier playback of HD media, along with the ability to store more information on a single disk for a game...translating to greater graphics. And you dont need to go out and buy an external HD player to accomplish this. (Blu-Ray will win, read that microspft is simply supporting HD-DVD to mess up sony sales, which as d1ck as it sounds is kinda genious.... all the 360 owners would of course support HD-DVD where-as the ps3 came out with Blu-Ray b/c it would just make the system better.)
HARDDRIVE: The 360 forces users to buy one of there harddrives at some hiked up price. The PS3 allows users to change it out hassle-free with any 2.5" SATA interface harddrive. The user manual even includes instructions to do so.
Connectivity with the PSP and PS3 is a shining point for me. I love being able to be in Mexico (where I am now) and being able to access music movies and pictures from my home (in jersey). Not to mention I have a PS1 game saved on my harddrive and a PS1 disk in the system and I can easily play both of them as long as I have a wireless network for the PSP.
BLUETOOTH: WOW to the bluetooth. While all you 360 users can only have that headset that goes through the controller, any ps3 owner can go out the bestbuy and pick up any bluetooth headset they so choose and hook it up seamlessly at any time to talk to friends online/ through games. Great feature to me.

Wow, thats a long-a$$ post and I really cant dig any deeper into the brain for points to hit on. When I get on later ill check if anyones got any other points to hit out/ rant against me for there 360. Which I still will say is a great system. Like it a lot, just love the PS3. Been waiting for a big post to come on this... if I'm online to kill timeIm bouncing between audiforums and ps3forums. Fun stuff.

Rock on peoples.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:35 AM

PS3 cause i have one, always have had playstation, and always will, thinkin about gettin a wii though ha they are so fun to play and alot more people can be involved

Old 12-31-2007, 11:05 AM
1st Gear

I have all three Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii. The 360 is by far the better system. The whole dashboard is so well put together and much easier to use. The actual gameplay is about the same in both 360 and PS3.

As far as the whole blue ray thing. If you buy an Xbox360 buy an Elite360 (black one). The Elite comes with the HDMI Now that is a nice picture, every bit as nice as BlueRay. The Elite comes with 120Gigs of memory too. Thats HUGE!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 03:39 PM
1st Gear

I've always had a Playstation, but bought a xbox360 last month. It's a great system, the online play is amazing. I love it all, but the two things I can't stand is... the batteries in the wireless controller need to be replaced every ~2 weeks, and it's much louder then my PS2.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: ocadam

What did you get?
Ended up with a 360. Love it, of course. I got COD4, Halo 3, Forza 2, and Dance Dance Revolution 2 for the wife because she is a dancing fool, andso she doesnt hate on me too much for being a video game freak. Thankfully, she's obsessed now, just like me

COD4 is my new crack. My gamer tag is Dirty Audi. Look me up.

Played Guitar Hero 2/3 and Rock band last night at a party and looking forward to picking up Rock band or GH3 soon. Verrrrrrrrrry addicting ****!

Old 01-07-2008, 08:01 AM
1st Gear

hd-dvd is dead!! Take that Xbox.

Quick Reply: 360 or PS3?