Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Always gotta be the other guy...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 10:45 PM
2nd Gear
Default Always gotta be the other guy...

Well... I got rearend by a shitty Utah driver in Wyoming at the scene of another accident. Right as I passed this absolutely destroyed pickup in the right lane the guy in a Poniac couldnt slow down and sure enough used by bumper as a brake. Amazing thing was I had slowed down well in advance and had no issues stopping or even driving in the conditions. Also witnessed two trucks and a mb slidding off the road just barely missing the gaurd rails in every case. The cop was already there for the other accident so he just walked down to us and started filling out paperwork. Damage wasnt too bad, cracked and scratched bumper, bent and dented exhaust and the foam inside the bumper is compacted. Only pic I have is from my iPhone:

Just the day before a suburban, traveling up hill totaled my dad's car.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:49 PM
5th Gear

Damn, man, your family must have some pretty bad luck! Glad the damage to your S4 isn't too extensive, though.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:01 AM
5th Gear

ouch. there are tons of idiots driving around that shouldn't be. people don't understand that when it snows, freaking slippery so everything you do must be earlier than usual. is your dad alright?

Old 12-21-2008, 01:05 AM
2nd Gear

Yea he's fine thanks, just a bruised hand and elbow because I guess he pretty much punched and splintered the windshield. On a higher note quattro is again amazing. The guy in the truck that was absolutely totalled said he was doing about 55 and all of a sudden started sliding; I was doing 55 for the past 100 miles in the conditions and not once slid, felt unsafe, or the traction control kick on. But it just amazes me the guy who hit me couldnt slow down... I even had the rear fog light on so clearly he could see me!! Uhhhgggg

At least my dad is seriously considering the Q7 now!

Last edited by Woodhead2k; 12-21-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:10 AM

yeah, im going to school down here in UT, and all i can say is most of them just plain suck at driving. Their are so many retarded accidents down here, i have been lucky not to get hit by an idiot...

Old 12-21-2008, 09:44 AM
5th Gear

i get a kick out of all the fishtail skid marks ending in bent guardrails here in VT. Either you drive an Audi or a Subaru, or you somehow spin out in conditions that don't even seem that bad, and smash a guardrail.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Glad to hear you and your dad both escaped with relatively little personal injury. Maybe you can suggest to your dad that since his car was destroyed, it's time for an Audi?

Old 12-21-2008, 01:51 PM
5th Gear

At least my dad is seriously considering the Q7 now!
He's way ahead of you.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:57 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Glad to hear you and your dad both escaped with relatively little personal injury. Maybe you can suggest to your dad that since his car was destroyed, it's time for an Audi?
I'm pushing for the Q7 and just want him to drive one, then decide. Its a toss up between a new sequoia (had an 06 sequoia) or the Q7. The sequoia is a little more practical because its rated at 9100 lb towing while the Q7 only 6600 lb and we need it to tow the boat which is about 8600 lbs. Personally I'd feel safer in the Q7 regardless. The sequoia also has a little more cargo space. I think once he drives the Q7 he'll fall in love with it

Old 12-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Slut

Originally Posted by Woodhead2k
The sequoia is a little more practical because its rated at 9100 lb towing while the Q7 only 6600 lb and we need it to tow the boat which is about 8600 lbs.
Import a V12 biturbo diesel Q7 from germany. problem solved

Quick Reply: Always gotta be the other guy...