Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Audi
91.06%
BMW
8.94%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Audi vs. BMW

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Default Audi vs. BMW

Finally i got my 330I and was compering my Audi with it all weekend long. I dont have any really mods on my B6 yet(chiping next week) but it still kicks BMW's @$$. BMW is damn faster and can drift on turns but Audi is so solid and dynamic. Forgat to say BMW is luxury edition with tip as well and still burns tires, i dont even have to hit the gas just slightly touch and gone. Even though my B6 is kinda slow but when i pick up speed i can turn as fast and as hard as i can without worring of sliding and spining out, plus quattro handles car on regular speed much more easier and more stable. So now i got two luxury sweet german cars, both are fun to drive, but i still prefer to drive my Audi, and since i got another car to drive, imshipping my ECU to Oliver ASAP andthen it'll be even more fun to drive it. Anybody else agree with me that AUDI is better than BMW??

Old 12-02-2007, 04:59 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi vs. BMW

Sorry .. must disagree .. I own a 1998 540 and i would drive it any day of the week before I would drive myaudi 1999 A4 2.8 quattro ..i know you can't compare oranges to apples .. but i love my bmw at any speed over my audi ... expect for winter days .. my a4 is my winter beater .. but theaudi does have better heated seats .. but no heated steering wheel ..

Old 12-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Administrator

I'm hoping to find out in a year or two, when I manage to pick up a 540i 6-speed (2000-2001 year). That is what I originally wanted but I could not resist my A4 at the price.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:08 PM

well i must disagree with you on the fact that audi is better then the BMW. Currently i have my 01 a4 to compair with my moms 07 328xi with sport package (tip) and my dads 01 m5. I can say that the quattro is kick *** in the winter and dont get me wrong i love driving my a4 it handles great and is fun to drive. On the other hand my moms car i cant burn out at all even if all hte traction is switched completley off. i find that her front seats are teh most amazing bucket sport seats i have ever sat in and i have S4 seats in my a4. On the driving side on both BMW's the steering feels sooo good its amazing, way better then my car, both cars stick to the corners amazingly and i find the ride much smoother in the BMW's compaired even to newer audis. the 328 rapes my car even with all the mods i have and the bmw is also awd and is higher reving then mine. Aside from this i must add that i think the 335i is one of the most amazing cars that has come out for along time and think that car kicks every A4 2.0t or 3.2 way out of the water, and its amazing fast stock. In general i love both audis and BMW's but i must say BMW's are called " The Altumate Driving Machine" for a reason.

Thats my 2 cents,

Anthony

Old 12-02-2007, 05:22 PM

I do agree about speedwise BMW is fast, but i still enjoy my Audi, on higher speed i can drive like a slalom on the road without any worries what so ever, BMW is burning tires even with ESP onand when i drive it fast i cant stand the handling, hit the gas and feelthat rearloosens and you gotta stabilize it for a second. Audi is just left-right-left with gas on-off-on at any time so secure. Luxury wise both cars have +/- s' i dont like dash board on BMW everything is on the bottom and usually blocked by steering wheel, i was having fun and didnt even noticed that i got CEL(running lean). But i def like how far front seat can go back. By the way its BMW 2001 330i silver luxury edition(thats what i was told)

Old 12-02-2007, 05:23 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: UpstateNYA4

I'm hoping to find out in a year or two, when I manage to pick up a 540i 6-speed (2000-2001 year). That is what I originally wanted but I could not resist my A4 at the price.
if you do go for the 2001 .. Hella AE with Xenon was standard for that year ..make sure you get sport seats ..if you can swing it get the 2003 M-tech verisonand it was the last production year for the E39 ..most guys mod their E39 to the m-tech bumpersand the AE headlights ..which I did .. You will love the ride ..

Old 12-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Site Moderator

Oh ****... Another Audi Vs X thread. Ladies and gents, pop your pop corn, grab a comfortable chair, and just wait for the flames to come........ Its just a matter of time []

Old 12-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Good info, and yeah, when I was shopping them I realized very quickly that the M-spec stuff was going to happen, either with the car or shortly after I got it. I drove the 540i that was the generation prior to the E39 and it was pretty nice (that was the current model at the time), so I imagine the E39 is that much better. Always loved that car and now that almost all of my financials are where I want them (ie, I got ahead on my house and made nice advance progress there - on track to pay off a 30 year mortgage in 13 years total, and paid off almost all unsecured debt), I'm going to be spending a year or so continuing to build up the rainy day fund and will then start looking in earnest for a nice 540. I may be tapping you on the shoulder when the time comes for input since you own one already, if you don't mind.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:48 PM
1st Gear

A good friend of mine is a master tech at the local BMW store, he's been working on them since the 70's. It's his opinion that the QC has gone to total ****. Something as simple as a cd changer install, can mean an entire day of programming ifthe rest of the cardoesn't accept the new component. They are fast, handle great and they've always had fab seats, but they've become way too complex.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:05 PM
4th Gear

Both are awsome cars, i just like my audi a bit better, dont get me wrong though BMW is an amazing car company, but theres obviously something about audi that made me choose it over the 328 i was going to buy,