Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Audi
91.06%
BMW
8.94%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Audi vs. BMW

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 12:25 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Audi vs. BMW

^ Agreed. ^ I'd be quite proud to own either one. I just happened to end up with an Audi.

What's even worse than people comparing BMW's and Audi's are people that drive '94 Mustangs, and say things like "I found a list online that lists some of the best engines in automotive history" and things like "I think Ford had five engines on the list"and things like "Audi may have had one on there". I get pissed just thinking about it. But oh, well - he'll end up in a ditch sooner or later in his cheap-***, high-miled, ugly excuse for a muscle car. With it's damn racing stripes (which are stickers, mind you) and orange neons. Bastard.

[sm=rant.gif]

Old 12-03-2007, 01:14 AM
3rd Gear

Agreed^ I must say though, the ford 5Liter was one of the best engines ever created. Very modable/reliable, but that's where the whole quality thing ends

Old 12-04-2007, 04:16 PM
2nd Gear

Kolbs, well said. Couldn't agree more with you.

Old 12-04-2007, 04:27 PM

I like them both for different reasons. The wife has an M5 and she leaves me in the dust at will.....unless it's wet or there is...snow. Then she takes my 2.7T

Old 12-04-2007, 05:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Lebe Frei

i think for normal drivers (people who just want to get from point A to point B) it just depends on which one you like the looks/features of more because they are both good cars.

having said that if youre talking about any type of racing
well it depends on the type ofrace you wanna do.
a beemer would probably be a better drift car
but with audis quattro id say that would give it the uper hand in rally, auto X, any type of street course

however ive never driven a bmw and although my car isnt a quattro i have driven one that is, so im just saying from what ive heard and what makes sense.

i vote audi.... although for some reason i feel somewhat bias hmmm
I disagree, with my bimmer i could steer with the rear,square off the corner and basicaly point and shoot myself outta it. With my MR2 in a real tight corner i would turn in hard and as i did so lift off the gas a bit,the rear would slide then when i'm faceing where i wanted hit the gas,toe the rear back in and take off. In super tight turns i can get 7 or so more mph with the MR2 then the Audi out of a 23 mph turn in the Audi never drop below 30 in the MR2 and get outta of it faster. The Audi is much more suited for high or medium speed sweeping turns with the stock sport package. The Bmw though loses to the Audi in high speed idiot proof driving but in the tight stuff walks all over the Audi. The bimmer stock for stock is a more capable car in skilled hands,can do what the Audi can do at high speeds if ur not a dimwit,stomps on the Audi when the going gets slow and tight.The BMW 325 is faster then a A4 stock for stock. A chipped Audi beats the BMW325,but not the 328 and up though. The BMW has the Audi beat stock for stock in braking. Sorry but the Audi's brakes are just terrible. From a performance driving standpoint BMW hands down. The Audi A4 is a good all arounder and will beat the bimmer in a snow or rain race.lol From a practiacal standpoint the Audi wins though. I voted BMW cause theres nutin like drivin one.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: m5racer

ORIGINAL: SAudi

well lots of critics has officailly claimed the RS4 better than the M3, which is a really bold statement so HA, we got the AWD hot rod saloon daddy.
Well actually No. what i have heard is that the new M3 actually beats out the RS4 so Ha Ha im pretty shure that 5th gear rated the M3 better then the RS4 and Moter trend which is the link also says the M3 is "the precision tool" and the RS4 is amoung the losers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFCDjJCj_Q8

If u go off what fifth gear says a stock Civic Si 0-60 in like 7.5 seconds beats a stock CBR 600 0-100 in 6 seconds,yea u read it right 100mph in 6 seconds.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:23 AM
1st Gear

Own both and I'd be hard pressed to pick one over the other. The Audi definitely wins is nearly all aspects except exciting performance and road feel (at least when comparing our A6 against our M3). If I had to choose one, it would be the Audi.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:40 AM
1st Gear

Got to vote for the Bimmer's. Just picked up a '07335xi and it is a dream. All wheel drive and 300hp. I also have a '00 A6 2.7t quattro and while I love my audi it has me thinking of selling it. If the 3 series were only a bit more roomier I would get another 335.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:15 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

different tools for different jobs.

B-M-Trouble-U is more for proving that you have "arrived."

OUCH-ii proves you have money to throw away on repairs that shouldn't have broken in teh first place.

ALFA ROMEO Competetizione 8C, FTMFW!!!!! Which will prove that *I* have more money than brains, once I can afford to get one[8D]
One of the funniest quotes I have ever read here.

FTMFW!!!!

Old 12-08-2007, 03:07 PM

Why have one or the other when you can have both? Why compare cars of the same country? Bimmer and Audi are on the same team pretty much...

-Proud owner of both
-S4 and M6