Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

BAD, BAD Shokan Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 12:41 PM
1st Gear
Default BAD, BAD Shokan Experience

After my devil bolt disaster I had to replace my spindle because I broke the original. I called Shokan because I thought they would be the most likely to have a replacement. When I ordered it, I was told $235.00 plus frieght. Kinda steep, but the salesman told me it came with the hub and bearing and all I has to do was hang it on the car.

When it arrived, I was disappointed because it had a bad wheel bearing. I phoned Shokan and got their salesman Aaron. I asked "why did they want to send me one with a bad wheel bearing?" Aaron snickerd and said "everyone says that, i'ts not a bad bearing, just use it and see." UM...wait...he's in NY, I'm in MI...with the part in hand....and he tells me it's a good bearing...HMMM. I explain it has far to much lateral play and is very noisy. He still assures me its a good bearing! I then go on to explain the situation with being told that all I had to do was intall it and everything would be fine.

I then explain that I would let all you fine folks at audiforums know of this kind of service. He promplt called me "INCOMPETENT"Yes, I was literally called incompetent by aAaron atShokan. (That's a fine way to treat customers, especially a first time customer.) I let him know that I am ASE certified in several areas inc. brakes and suspesion and I know a bad wheel bearing when I see and hearone. He still insists I use it! He explained that there is no way to gaurantee the bearing....and I get that...It's a used part. But, DO NOT tell me all I have to do us put it on and charge me as if it were a good part in the first place.

Being short of time andcash (poor college student now) I decided to follow his advice and put it on thinking he just may know something I don't. NOPE...bad bearing. It nowsounds like my car has a propeller (except when I turn and unload the bearing) I tried to reach John (manager or owner...I don't know) a few times only to be told he is not in.

Do NOT tell me all I have to do is put the part on and not stand behind it!

Do NOT call your valuable customs "incompetent" when you have no idea who you are talking to! Or EVER for that matter!

Shokan undisputedly has a great selection , but do your homework and look elsewhere first...otherwise you may be paying too much for bad parts and abhorrent customer service!

Old 04-23-2008, 12:44 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: BAD, BAD Shokan Experience

Im sorry, i would take it up with somone higher than Aaron. I would have asked for a manager right when it got to me.