Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap car, and a question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 02:39 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Cheap car, and a question.

I think the point is they wouldnt know about it

Old 03-28-2006, 02:40 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

Don't kid yourself... any 600 dollar car is a money pit.
Everyone says that about English class. Do you have an A in it? Just grow a pair and tough it out. Is there a hot girl in there you can commiserate with? Can you wear a hoodie and hide headphones underneath? I've had some real bad classes; no amount of bad class is worth losing your mobility over.

There is no way a sub-$1000 car will be reliable transportation. Just try to reason with your parents. If you're as far as you think above your classmates in the art of rhetoric, convincing your parents will be a snap.

Old 03-28-2006, 07:52 AM
Senior Administrator

I hate having to quote myself...

I don't think of what I said as a flame. Seriously. I dint call you an I-D-10-T. Dint suggest yer an @$$hat. Dint insult you by claiming my d!<& is bigger (even though it IS). I just offered a counterpoint to your solution to your prob...

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

...and either do a betR job of NOT gettin caught...,
I even gave a pretty damn gud NON-'rent answer, which is HARD to do, as a card-carrying 'RENT myself... CAN I GET AN AMEN?

Old 03-28-2006, 10:30 PM
2nd Gear

Point taken AWD. No harm done, but I must point out, my d!V& is bigger.

Anyway, I decided to buy the car anyway, and call it an 18th birthday present to myself and wait out my punishment at least till my birthday. Besides, I'd really like to have a car that I actually pay for all by myself, and not always have to lean on mommy and daddy for a hand out.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Senior Administrator

I'd almost BET that, if you were to explain it JUST LIKE THAT to your rents thay'd at least THINK ABOUT reducing you sentence...

Old 03-29-2006, 04:51 AM
2nd Gear

Well, the car sold. And not to me

Old 03-29-2006, 10:27 AM
5th Gear

Dude, talk to your parents... if you're unhappy with the audi, or with taking handouts because of how damnd expensive it is... then tell them you'd like to sell the audi, and get something cheaper. Buying a car behind your parents back will only disrespect them... not something you should make a habit of doing. You're parents seem like reasonable people... just bloody talk to them. Part of you wants to be mature (want a car that is your responsibility) ... but really, the mature thing to do, is fix things with your parents!

Old 03-29-2006, 11:25 AM
1st Gear

I don't want to sound like a parent... but... I look at things in a very simplistic way... right or wrong. I'm not trying to flame you or **** you off.

Your 'job' is to go to school. If you don't like it then get out and join the work force. If I'm not happy with a job I have, I either suck it up or I look for another one. There have been meetings and duties that I hated but that's my job. I think that the bottom message your parents are trying to tell you. I agree with headshok, your parents sound like nice people. Going behind their back will only insult them and prove their point.

Old 03-29-2006, 12:48 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: biker

I don't want to sound like a parent... but... I look at things in a very simplistic way... right or wrong. I'm not trying to flame you or **** you off.

Your 'job' is to go to school. If you don't like it then get out and join the work force. If I'm not happy with a job I have, I either suck it up or I look for another one. There have been meetings and duties that I hated but that's my job. I think that the bottom message your parents are trying to tell you. I agree with headshok, your parents sound like nice people. Going behind their back will only insult them and prove their point.

I agree with the guys above. The world from now on is going to include a lot of situations that you're going to have to "suck-up" to. I think you're going to have trouble getting insurance and you'll probably find that out real soon. Talk to your parents, it's the best road to take. 17yo was a long time ago for me. I'm probably your parents age. Make 'em proud of you. It will pay off.