Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Computer Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Administrator
Default Computer Speakers

I trying to look for new computer speakers, my old crappy ones broke so i bought some Logitech LS11 2.0 and dear god did they pissed me off, it gave off this annoying loud buzz randomly, so i had to hit it really hard to make it stop, so after hitting them really hard som many times i finally broke them out of anger, i love music and i want clarity and that buzz was killin me and pissing me off

I was wondering what kind of computer speakers are u guys using and if you know any good systems out there

i am only looking for a 2.0 system, i really dont want a sub
im really looking for something with great sound and clarity and not really bass

i was wondering if u guys have any suggestions

Old 01-11-2009, 12:29 AM
2nd Gear

BOSE, i have the wave music system, computer speakers and the earphones, i love em!!!

BOSE.COM

Old 01-11-2009, 12:32 AM
5th Gear

you have to get the better logitech system. ebay has a 5.1 logitech system for a reasonable price. i forget the specific model but the bass is pretty awesome on it

Old 01-11-2009, 07:39 AM

well buy 4-5 clipsch or jbl speakers , reciever , good sound card and options are endless, if youre on a budget you might want to consider a better logitech system ( you could always regulate your base from 0- max) or buy a 3 speaker bose system

Old 01-11-2009, 12:34 PM
4th Gear

i have a logitech 5.1, clarity is amazing, and if you dont like bass you can turn it ALL the way down, but if there is a time you wanna get your bump on the bass can get ridiculous, fun stuff

Old 01-11-2009, 12:38 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by theTTkid
i have a logitech 5.1, clarity is amazing, and if you dont like bass you can turn it ALL the way down, but if there is a time you wanna get your bump on the bass can get ridiculous, fun stuff
whats that the G51 system? i was looking at that a few days ago. i need new speakers myself

Old 01-11-2009, 01:21 PM

Since you're only looking for a 2 speaker system without a sub, your options are pretty slim. From personal experience, I have a set of http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836166005 that have lasted me forever. They are the best speakers I've ever owned. But like I said they have a sub. But the sub on these speakers isn't by any means the focal point of this setup. You can turn down the bass to actually subtract from the bass output of the computer audio. If you've got the money to spare, I don't think you could find a better option.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:28 AM
5th Gear

I've got the Logitech Z5500 setup... it was one of their best, at the time I bought it.

Long story short... POS.
I'm still using them, but I had issues with my wireless mouse (also logitech) interfering... speaker buzz when I moved the mouse. BOTH logitech products... so very annoying. In fact, I wanted the wireless version of my system... but had read so many reviews about the mouse/wireless speaker problems. So, I opted for the cheaper, more powerful, wired version. When I had the noise, I was shocked... the fecking things are wired! So I emailed Logitech, got them to send me a new mouse in exchange for my beloved MX Revolution. I took the G9, which is a WIRED mouse.

I still get fecking noise when I move the mouse.

Other than that, speakers sound alright. Over-hyped by logitech for sure... but they'd probably please most people. I'm used to car audio, and these things don't hold a candle. Lots of bass, but meh.

I'd shop elsewhere... Logitech is teh crap in this dept.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:04 PM
SoCal Crew Member

For 2 speaker sets, there are plenty of them. Creative Labs, Logitech, Altec Lansing are the ones I would go with. These 2 speaker system will not come close to sounding like 5.1 though, so just keep that in mind. I have a Creative Labs (Cambridge Soundworks) Megaworks 660. It's a 6.1 system THX cert that blows away my friend's Logitech Z560. Even sounded better than my home theater system, but the main box finally fried on me after 6 years.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Administrator

dont i need a really good sound card or something if u wanna go with like a 5.1 or higher system

i was lookin in to the creative T20 and T40 systems

Quick Reply: Computer Speakers