Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Could you afford $175k?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 01:27 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Could you afford $175k?

Umm not to turn this into a political debate but Bush gets and unfair rap. Every president past present or future would have liked to be in office when Clinton was with the huge economic boom which was in no small part thanks to Ronald Regans administration some years earlier and the huge .com/technology boom. What did Bush get to work with? 9/11.

IMHO he has done well with the cards that were dealt to him. Yeah he might have made some errors but name me a president that hasn't. Should we have gone into Iraq and the middle east? that is debatable, the main reason wehad to go backthere is b/c clinton pulled most of the troops that bush senior had in place keeping sadam in check. Right now unemployment is rather low but considering the wavering economy right now it is surprisingly low.

Sorry to rant I just dont like it when people say bush is the worst thing to happen to the us since the great depression.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:53 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: Swaynest

Umm not to turn this into a political debate but Bush gets and unfair rap. Every president past present or future would have liked to be in office when Clinton was with the huge economic boom which was in no small part thanks to Ronald Regans administration some years earlier and the huge .com/technology boom. What did Bush get to work with? 9/11.

IMHO he has done well with the cards that were dealt to him. Yeah he might have made some errors but name me a president that hasn't. Should we have gone into Iraq and the middle east? that is debatable, the main reason wehad to go backthere is b/c clinton pulled most of the troops that bush senior had in place keeping sadam in check. Right now unemployment is rather low but considering the wavering economy right now it is surprisingly low.

Sorry to rant I just dont like it when people say bush is the worst thing to happen to the us since the great depression.
Where's the popcorn?

:inforheatedargument:

I truthfully don't know this board well enough to know if someone will respond to you yet, but other boards I am on, this comment would start a HUGE debate....

Old 01-11-2008, 01:56 PM
2nd Gear

haha i made sure to pop mine before i posted

Old 01-11-2008, 02:45 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Wilcox

If you dont like it then get the eff out .... USA sucks but at least I have a roof over my head and a job that pays for that roof. I can practice whatever religion I choose . . . or beleive in nothing. Its my choice. I have the right to join the Military or not . . . provided there is no draft. I need to stop! I have work i need to pretend to do.
haha nice rant I totally agree. I forget who said it but some one famous once said "democracy is a terrible form of government ... unfortunatly it is the best one available"

PS doesnt it feel good to get a good rant off your chest every once and a while?

Old 01-11-2008, 02:48 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: Wilcox

There is nothing we can do that any of us are willing to do that will make any difference. If you dont like it then get the eff out. That is my goal. I would love to move to Australia. Higher taxes but I would love to get the hell outta here before all this **** goes down. Every govt has soem level of corruption. Sad but its the way things get done. Its all business and its a shady practice. Bush is a puppet and an idiot and every president we will ever elect is going to be a puppet to who ever contributed to their campaigne. Ron Paul . . . great idealist . . . completley unrealistic. Sorry Crystal. There will never be a utopia. USA sucks but at least I have a roof over my head and a job that pays for that roof. I can practice whatever religion I choose . . . or beleive in nothing. Its my choice. I have the right to join the Military or not . . . provided there is no draft. I need to stop! I have work i need to pretend to do.
You act like I jumped on the Ron Paul Bandwagon.....do I think some of ideas are good? Ya sure...do I think they aregoing to happen over night?No....do I hope they start something? Yes...I hope he opens peoples eyes to what we are doing as a country. I am not asking for a goddamn revolution, but someone needs to provide the regular american public with some knowledge of what we are doing to our country. Some many people are ignorant.

Lastly....do I think he will get elected? Definitely not....Though I do appreciate how he is getting people who normally don't give two ***** about who's in office involved. Look at Justin....prime example. Though he does seem a bit extreme about it, at least he is starting to pay some attention

Old 01-11-2008, 02:50 PM
SoCal Crew Member

And why are we getting on the presidential candidate debate anyways? This is not what the OP was about.....

Old 01-11-2008, 02:54 PM
4th Gear

Sorry, mate, but you're only half right.

The Economic boon came from HW Bush's admin earlier work- not the Clinton's - balancing the budget was Clinton's feather.

What GW did was go into Iraq. That was a collosally HUGE mistake and for all the wrong reasons. Too many to get into. Afghanistan was a righteous cause and done mostly as a strong backup to local rebel forces. Iraq was a main effort by us with a little support from UN allies (Britain mostly).

As long as this goes on the deeper that deficit will grow. Vietnam was a large reason Nixon took the dollar off the gold standard to cover our bills. Any war is a vast money pit that all Americans will have to pay for.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:01 PM
2nd Gear

I would agree that Going into the war was for the wrong reasons but i would not say it was a HUGE mistake... something needed to be done for 2 major reasons 1)to secure the region which is vital to our economy (oil) and 2)could have developed in to an even larger hotbed of terrorist activity. IMO it was either our generation pay for it now or future generations pay even more for it later.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:03 PM
3rd Gear

We can be as much debt as we want. Read up on Alexander Hamilton.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:18 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I would agree that Going into the war was for the wrong reasons but i would not say it was a HUGE mistake... something needed to be done for 2 major reasons 1)to secure the region which is vital to our economy (oil) and 2)could have developed in to an even larger hotbed of terrorist activity. IMO it was either our generation pay for it now or future generations pay even more for it later.
I'm not going to say where my opinion lies on the war on terror but has anyone ever seen the Loose Change videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E3oIbO0AWE

Since we have apparently already gone there...might as well continue. Opinions?

Quick Reply: Could you afford $175k?