Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do you carry concealed???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 10:44 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Do you carry concealed???

ORIGINAL: NCMurphy

This is such an interesting post. I am scheduled to take a concealed carry class. My boyfriend and I frequently go to the range. He bought me a nice handgun. Hope I never need it but YOU ARE SO RIGHT: better to have and not need than need and not have! I am glad others feel same.
Good luck with the class! Here in WA, it's sad, but classes are not required for a permit. I'm still looking for a class to take, even though it's not required. This is one subject matter that everyone should be educated on. Even though your self defence encounter may last only seconds, you could spend months or year's in a court room defending your actions. A gun is your last resort, and it's good to know when it's right and wrong to pull it out.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:36 PM
1st Gear

hey john, i have information on classes to take around the area. one of my buddies teaches concealed weapons courses every 1st and 3rd tuesday of the month. pm me and i'll send you the info. ive also been taking private handgun lessons from him. we go over different carrying methods, target aquisitions, multiple target scenerios and other fun stuff. let me know if youd be interested in getting in on one.

oh yeah i always carry concealed. i have a springfield xd 40. when people ask me why i carry i say " its my constitutional right" and also id rather be caught with one than without one in certain situations. because you know washington has so many ghetto areas haha.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Senior Administrator

does WA have any requirements for Security Officers? That's where I'm taking my classes. VA (where I work) is the most regulated State, when it comes to Security, so there classes count for a LOT with sorrunding states... If WA has any sort of S.O. requirements maybe you could take those classes and learn about how encounters escalate from hand-to-hand to deadly force, and when, where and more importantly WHY, and how to protect yurself LEGALLY, if/when it does.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Senior Administrator

does WA have any requirements for Armed Security Officers? That's where I'm taking my classes. VA (where I work) is the most regulated State, when it comes to Security, so there classes count for a LOT with sorrunding states... If WA has any sort of S.O. requirements maybe you could take those classes and learn about how encounters escalate from hand-to-hand to deadly force, and when, where and more importantly WHY, and how to protect yurself LEGALLY, if/when it does.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:51 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cary12

I'm buying my first pistol next month and am doing a lot of searching before I pick one out. I have allowed myself to spend $500 on one and want a 9mm but not sure what I should by. I'm going to go through a local shooting range/gun shop to buy it, so I might even get a used one. I live in Kansas and our concealed law goes in effect on 1/1/07. I plan on taking my classes to get the permit as soon as the state allows. I am all for concealed fire arms. This world is getting out of hand and you have to protect yourself. It's a free country and the citizens should be able to defend themselves since the proper authorities have a tough time doing it.

Any suggestions for a 9mm in the $500 range?

Screw a 9. Check this out.Clicky

Old 10-01-2006, 02:55 AM
Administrator

I carry all the time.. I have a 40 S&W for work, and carry a glock 20 (10mm) for everyday use

Old 10-01-2006, 04:59 AM

everyday use. Lol.. haha.. what do you clasify as everyday use...?? OMG that dude just cut me off BAM! pull out your 10 and bust a cap.. lol..

Damn you all is all i got to say. In australia its almost at teh point of you have to be in bed with the PM to get a license for sling shot let alone a gun.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:43 AM
Senior Administrator

Here's why:
Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Old 10-01-2006, 06:19 AM
2nd Gear

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect....

Old 10-01-2006, 06:49 AM
Senior Administrator

I <3 that movie

Quick Reply: Do you carry concealed???