Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fix it ticket for front tint!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 11:00 PM
2nd Gear

You know why cops will nail you for super dark tint, because usually people doing illegal **** have super dark tint. I am not racist, but hey, normally drug dealers and thugs drive around with some of the darkest tint I've seen just to avoid the cops. But the limo tint and 20 inch rims would say to me as a cop, pull my *** over, I've probably got crack in the trunk.

I've known a lot of cops, they are aholes, they profile, and it's because their hunches are right 90% of the time.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:03 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by mikekey
You know why cops will nail you for super dark tint, because usually people doing illegal **** have super dark tint. I am not racist, but hey, normally drug dealers and thugs drive around with some of the darkest tint I've seen just to avoid the cops. But the limo tint and 20 inch rims would say to me as a cop, pull my *** over, I've probably got crack in the trunk.

I've known a lot of cops, they are aholes, they profile, and it's because their hunches are right 90% of the time.
this has some truth to it. hate to sterotype but you are attracting attention with illegal tint.

i really want to get my windows tinted all around at 20 or 30 % this summer but because of examples like this I am unsure if it's worth it.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tmic0723
this has some truth to it. hate to sterotype but you are attracting attention with illegal tint.

i really want to get my windows tinted all around at 20 or 30 % this summer but because of examples like this I am unsure if it's worth it.
Depends on where you live more people have tint and don't have problems than those who do...

I agree with Krip this is more to this than being told. Also a cop might write a tint ticket like a seat belt ticket... Usually they pull you over for something like speeding a moving violation that will add points onto you "L's" so instead they give you a seat belt violation which is just a fine. You may think the cops being a dick and "it's my right to not wear a seat belt" blah blah blah blow it out your *** but the cop is really just trying to help you keep from getting points...

Old 05-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by mikekey

FTR, I'm qool with anybody's personal opinions about whatev. I may not always agree, and I reserve the right to enjoin open discourse to voice my disagreement, but, you're all entitled to believe as rightly or wrongly as you like.

That being said, i'm also qool w/mikekey. NevR had any grief, that I remember and, even if I did, i dint take it personally enough to remember what it was, so, I hope Mikey dont take this the rong way but, there was NOTHING racist about your statement UNTIL you mentioned "racist" and invoked connotations of racial profiling. Do a little research peeps. "People of color' ain't the ONLY ones slingin dope, inner-city or 'burbs. Even with that inner-city blacks/hispanics/whatev as your premise, last I heard, approx 46% of illegal-drug use occurs in the inner-city. Guess where the OTHER 54% happens?!?!?

Stereotypes become stereotypes for a reason. SOMEtimes those stereotypes are incorrectly reinforced by media and hollywood for their own nefarious ends. In the words of the very prescient Public Enemy: DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE

Hey Chocalate, we useta have a "ask a cop" thread, or sunfun like that. you shud dredge it up and revive it... They teach forum-thread-CPR at the sprawling Cuyahoooooga (you know, THAT shudda been the "giveaway" last week, huh?) Falls Po-Po Academy complex, right?

Old 05-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
They teach forum-thread-CPR at the sprawling Cuyahoooooga (you know, THAT shudda been the "giveaway" last week, huh?) Falls Po-Po Academy complex, right?
Falls aint got a 5-0 academy I went to University of Akron!! And I learned forum-thread-CPR during my EMT schooling!

Old 05-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Senior Administrator

I needa work on finding that [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] button when I post about Cuyahooooooooooga Falls...

Old 05-17-2010, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by tmic0723
That's what I had. 30% all around. Not dark at all. And it was a good job done by a qualified installer.

And I had the same tint on my previous car. Combined 10 years with the same tint in the same state and no ticket, no problems, even when pulled over for something else. That's what annoys me.

i just had them removed up front. At least he only charged me $25 for the job. I think he'll expect me to call him to do the re-install. And I probably will.

I can't just pay the ticket. Gotta have a police sign off on the ticket and then mail that in with the fee.

Last edited by jose-socal; 05-17-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Yeah, fix it tickets in CA aren't as cheap as they used to be. So much for CA being bankrupt.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:22 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
FTR, I'm qool with anybody's personal opinions about whatev. I may not always agree, and I reserve the right to enjoin open discourse to voice my disagreement, but, you're all entitled to believe as rightly or wrongly as you like.

That being said, i'm also qool w/mikekey. NevR had any grief, that I remember and, even if I did, i dint take it personally enough to remember what it was, so, I hope Mikey dont take this the rong way but, there was NOTHING racist about your statement UNTIL you mentioned "racist" and invoked connotations of racial profiling. Do a little research peeps. "People of color' ain't the ONLY ones slingin dope, inner-city or 'burbs. Even with that inner-city blacks/hispanics/whatev as your premise, last I heard, approx 46% of illegal-drug use occurs in the inner-city. Guess where the OTHER 54% happens?!?!?

Stereotypes become stereotypes for a reason. SOMEtimes those stereotypes are incorrectly reinforced by media and hollywood for their own nefarious ends. In the words of the very prescient Public Enemy: DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE

Hey Chocalate, we useta have a "ask a cop" thread, or sunfun like that. you shud dredge it up and revive it... They teach forum-thread-CPR at the sprawling Cuyahoooooga (you know, THAT shudda been the "giveaway" last week, huh?) Falls Po-Po Academy complex, right?
Actually I mentioned it, because I was trying to bring up what you just brought up, cops typically profile. Period. So why draw attention to yourself by fitting into a stereo type or profile?

I know this thread is about your tint, but I am just saying, cops profile. Period. Some people draw more attention to themselves than others by what they wear, what they blast out the window and what they look like.

I know a 90yr old woman on CNN got busted for selling pot last week, but she got away with it forever, why because who suspected. See, when you're inspecting, your chances of not being bothered increase.

Ok, now I'm probably just rambling away, I'll shut up. I think you get my point.

If I made sense at all.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:53 AM
4th Gear

i have dark tint but my eyes are sensitive to heavy light. Plus it gets above 100 for half the year so it helps to keep the car cool. Cops dont seem to care much in my town bout tint guess cause its so hot.

Quick Reply: Fix it ticket for front tint!