Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Have to get this off my chest... Ford Focus.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 01:37 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Have to get this off my chest... Ford Focus.

I drove a Lamborghini MurciƩlago R-GT the other day and it was just a hair nicer then the new focus. My A6 can still take it though!

Old 07-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Administrator

well i would hope its a hair better than the focus.. im sure it was a close call though ehh?

Old 07-28-2005, 03:20 PM
1st Gear

my mother-in-law drives an '03 focus zx3 which i would consider a very comparable car.............. to my '93 tercel (work car that will probably last longer).

i would not DARE [sm=insomnia.gif] compare apples (which probably have a better resale value than focus) to the 3 course meal at the restuarant you want to propose to your future x-wife in, that is AUDI. thats crazy[sm=yikesomg.gif]

this thread went places it shouldn't have and i'm glad i'm late reading it otherwise i wouldn't have been able to keep up responding to posts, as my hands and keyboard are covered with vomit from reading the whole fuc-os vs. all of audi (that **** even types rediculous!!!)

i won't even waist the keystokes on what i REALLY think. so i'll leave it at this..............

AUDI RULES B!TCHES!!!!![sm=icon_rock.gif] (spoken in a high-pitched, Dave Chapelle, focus hating tone)

Old 07-28-2005, 03:35 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: apexiA4

Evil, lol, dude, first off I was answering comments by other people who posted, not just you.
[8D] And for the record my dads JCW Mini would DESTROY your A4, hands down. Go look up the specs so i don't have to find them.

I compared what I had to what I have. I had a 1998 Audi A4, I have a 2004 Ford Focus.

If you would have looked I compared a 2004 Focus SVT to a 2004 Audi A4 3.0. It just showed how the Focus beat the A4 for a cheaper price.

I've made my point. The Focus was made to be economical, but even the Base A4 is ridiculusly high-priced over the SVT Focus, even when the SVT beats it performance wise.
The JCW cooper is a cool little car, but it's #'s arent that impressive, and it is damned expensive. I'm sure a lightly modded A4 would hold it's own.

Old 07-28-2005, 03:54 PM
3rd Gear

I can think of one point that hasn't been brought up yet...which of the two cars in question can you find on every rental car lot in the country?

And also, since when is the WRC Focus the same as the ZX3 or whatever?

I will admit that the SVT Focus is a cool little car, and it's tall gearing does hurt acceleration. It wants a turbo. I looked at getting one of these long and hard before Quattro pulled me into the light.

Old 07-28-2005, 05:27 PM
5th Gear

Focus's serve a purpose... like you mentioned, every rental company in the world stocks 50 of them...

When it was first released, it was one of the most horribly built cars ever produced... with a record setting # of recalls, I believe.

They may have fixed most of them... but still, for a company to release something so buggy in the first place, shakes my confidence in any other product of theirs.

Old 07-28-2005, 05:47 PM
1st Gear

I heard they are great to pick up high school chicks![8D]

Old 07-28-2005, 06:48 PM
2nd Gear

I've only drove Euro Focus (foci, not sure what the plural form is ), and I thought they were pretty solid. Didnt really care for the interior, but it drove well. I was impressed. My Audi drives way better, but between the base model BMW's I rent here and the rental Focus........ oh hell, I would take the bimmer. But the focus was fun.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:09 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

Focus's serve a purpose... like you mentioned, every rental company in the world stocks 50 of them...

When it was first released, it was one of the most horribly built cars ever produced... with a record setting # of recalls, I believe.

They may have fixed most of them... but still, for a company to release something so buggy in the first place, shakes my confidence in any other product of theirs.
my roomate bought one of the first ones a zts (4door sadan) and it kept shutting off going down the highway and would not start for a few hours. it spent more time in the shop than he drove it (only had it for 3 months) till he demanded a new car or he was going to lemon his car. they did get him a new car that day so they would not have a lemon on there lot. he got a zx3 (2 door hatch back) he had no probs with this car.

i have been to many focus gtg. i have learned a lot about them. i still would not buy one but they are a decent car for what you pay for it. there is also a big aftermarket suport for these cars. from turbo /supercharger kits and also have a rear wheel drive v8 kit for it.

it dosen't mater what you drive just as long as you like what you drive. i love my audi a4 2.8 12v. alot of people think it's engine is crapy cause it is not mod freindly but i like it and wouldn't trade it for anything right now

Old 07-28-2005, 07:51 PM
5th Gear

^ ^ I'd say you summed it up nicely.

As long as everybody is happy, then great. We each have our own personal preferances...

I just have to wonder though, about all the foci drivers... how many of them have driven a high end car -- like an audi/bmw/mercedes or our japenese counterparts: lexus, acura, infinity.

I'd imagine it would open their eyes... they rave about their cars, but likely, it's because they haven't had a taste of what is out there. But, I am glad they take pride in what they own... I'd prefer the company of a proud focus owner, to some ungrateful 16 year old audi owner.

Quick Reply: Have to get this off my chest... Ford Focus.