Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Have to get this off my chest... Ford Focus.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 07:54 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Have to get this off my chest... Ford Focus.

Well the euro focus is on a whole dif level then the american focus. If i remember right, the euro focus cranks out about 280hp and there turbocharged.

Old 07-29-2005, 01:37 AM

I cant believe this thread is alive and kicking again.

YA... the Focus is a piece. I feel so bad for my friend (who is currently trying to sell it... then get an A4).

Old 07-29-2005, 04:23 AM
2nd Gear

About a year ago, before I purchased my '00 A6 Avant, one of the cars I was considering was the Focus ZTW wagon (their 'sport' model w/ leather and 16" alloys). Wanted to find one with the newer 2.3 Z-tec motor, but they were hard to come by. Saw one with the standard 2.0 motor for sale at the local Furd store, so I took a test drive. What a slug!.

Old 07-29-2005, 12:00 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

I just have to wonder though, about all the foci drivers... how many of them have driven a high end car -- like an audi/bmw/mercedes or our japenese counterparts: lexus, acura, infinity.

I'd imagine it would open their eyes... they rave about their cars, but likely, it's because they haven't had a taste of what is out there. But, I am glad they take pride in what they own... I'd prefer the company of a proud focus owner, to some ungrateful 16 year old audi owner.
my roomate traded his focus for a lexus is300 drove that for almost 2 years now owns a lincon ls. if he could afford to get a focus again he would. he still talks about how he loved that car

I am glad they take pride in what they own... I'd prefer the company of a proud focus owner, to some ungrateful 16 year old audi owner.

this is very true

Old 07-29-2005, 01:25 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

Well the euro focus is on a whole dif level then the american focus. If i remember right, the euro focus cranks out about 280hp and there turbocharged.

The Focus RS was the top model in europe, but it only made 212 hp. Here is its replacement

Focus ST (RS replacement)

Old 07-30-2005, 12:33 AM

I've noticed that the posts concerning the focus mention the various versions. zx3,zx5,zts etc..

The one i drive is specifically the SVT zx5(or zx3)

The svt is extremly different than the others ex.

6 speed getrag tranny-10.2/1 comp- 91 oct req- hid lights- 4.2.1 header- 2.28 exhaust w/tip- variable valve timing- z rated tires- 66mm throttle body- dual stage intake- stronger rods & pistons- more guages- racing pedals- bigger dics around-tons of trim & acc.

the most extensively changed product fords svt program completed (also 04' last year made-rare car now)

Old 07-30-2005, 12:44 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: hb972.8q

my roomate traded his focus for a lexus is300 drove that for almost 2 years now owns a lincon ls. if he could afford to get a focus again he would. he still talks about how he loved that car
uuuh, are you high? if he can afford a lexus IS300, or a lincoln LS, then he can sure as hell afford a ford focus.

Old 07-30-2005, 02:38 AM
Senior Administrator

Not a GOLD-PLATED one he can't!

Old 07-30-2005, 06:22 AM
5th Gear

lol, touche

Old 07-30-2005, 03:55 PM
4th Gear

yeah... you're talking about the RS there Ross... and yeah, that never made it to the states. we for some reason got he SVT (i love it... but... wtf?). should ford ever get out of hte hole with all this union crap... i'll be one VERY happy dude. 350hp s/c V6 AWD Focus RS... the new generation.

all in all... i like fords... i like european fords better... the american ford focus is a left hand drive european ford focus with larger bumpers for our crappy impact laws. all in all.... i like the car, i might buy another focus... who knows? i might drop a V6 in the one i got... we'll see (shutup chris). but honestly, besides their rough start (no problems as of 2002) the car's they're churning out are definatly best in class... (yes, better than a civic) IMO

Quick Reply: Have to get this off my chest... Ford Focus.