Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi, new to the forum, and have a question for all

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 05:44 PM
1st Gear
Default Hi, new to the forum, and have a question for all

Hi,
So I wanted to ask everyone their opinions or thoughts on the reliability of Audi's and the maintenance costs of them. I am looking to buy a used Audi, undecided on model, produced from 2000-2005. I have heard a lot of negative things about Audi's reliability and their extremely high maintenance costs. I really just do love the look of Audi's and so I am still exploring purchasing one. However, I was wondering if members of the forum had opinions if certain models from 2000-2005 were considered more reliable and had lower maintenance costs. Any and all opinions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris

Old 12-07-2013, 02:39 PM
1st Gear

Hi guys. I'm from South Africa I have just registered on the forum so please bear with me as I'm a new user and don't now much how this forum works hahaha. Oky I need help please. I'm from Klerksdorp North West and I'm sooooooo longing to drive a very good clean Audi A6 2.4 / 2.8 2000 model I just love that car the rear makes me get goose bumps hahaha the whole car infact the lux like speed control all those sunroof ext. ....... So please help me here's the thing I prefer to make a good clean swop as I have a Audi A4 2.8 V6 2000 (B6 I guess) metal green with 195'000km on the clock and my car is very neat and clean and all original no mags and **** like that the seats are good everything is good and working has never been in a accident. ....... So please if you know off a Audi A6 2.4 / 2.8 (B6) 2000model with no more than 198'000km please contact me I DON'T WANT TO SELL MY CAR I'm looking to clean swop a good clean well looked after please as my car is in good clean condition with original wheels and all original I don't want custom mags please seats must be clean and good. Thank you 0834085930. Gerhard

Old 12-07-2013, 02:43 PM
1st Gear

O ja CHRIS. Audi A4 mate you can't go wrong I totally love them feel free to give me a call and I'll tell you all about it. Very easy to work on and so nice.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:53 PM
1st Gear

Hi Gerhard,
Thanks for your email. Do you know anything about Audi S4s? There is a 2005 Audi S4 I am considering purchasing. Are S4s worse to repair then A4, A6, A8s?

Thanks,
Chris

Old 12-10-2013, 08:16 AM
1st Gear

Hi Chris.

Look answer to your question no not realy hay still easy as the A4 ...... And so on what the "S" actually is it means more extras as standard making the A4 sporty like the interior and exterior but under the hood she is still an Audi A4 ..... But with little more than the A4 like break horse power and obviously looks. But mate with that car you just can't go wrong I'm a mechanic myself and panelbeater and I soooooo love to work on my car its so easy and comfortable ...... except for the plastic covers that has to be removed hahahaha. But if it comes to changing the cambeld the whole front part nose has to come of Wich is a lot of work yes but making it easy and comfortable to do the actuall job ........ For example look at the doors ...... First its 2small screws to take of then 1small screw and then 2more behind the handle cover .... Then woila!!!! Just lift and of it comes. Unpluging everything then on the sides its got 4screws 2 on each side losen them then the whole top part with the side mirror comes of from the door Wich makes it easy and comfortable to repair window or window motor. So you don't have to sweat and swear and curse pushing your hand in between door and window to losen screws. I just love them. AUDI VORSPRUNG DURCH TECNIK ....... Damn I love this slogan. Hahah.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:19 AM
1st Gear

I love Audi, It's my favorite vehicle. It's a reliable vehicle.

Last edited by jaconmessen; 12-20-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by kanstrup
Hi,
So I wanted to ask everyone their opinions or thoughts on the reliability of Audi's and the maintenance costs of them. I am looking to buy a used Audi, undecided on model, produced from 2000-2005. I have heard a lot of negative things about Audi's reliability and their extremely high maintenance costs. I really just do love the look of Audi's and so I am still exploring purchasing one. However, I was wondering if members of the forum had opinions if certain models from 2000-2005 were considered more reliable and had lower maintenance costs. Any and all opinions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris
Any mechanical thing will generally be as reliable as proper design and maintenance allow. Audi's have as good a design as any other marque out there. So, if you follow the recommended maintenance, and treat her right, they last. There are guys on here with '96/'97/'98/'99 models with 200,000+ miles on them.

They are not cheap to maintain, though, even as DIY. But then, you ain't buying a '00 Chevy Camaro, are you? Most parts you're gonna be looking for have been imported, after all. That ads cost. Most people presume because you own an Audi you're rich, no matter how old it is, so price-markup comes into the equation, too.

Ultimately, the choice to buy, or not, is yours.