Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't understand these kids

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Default RE: I don't understand these kids

i think rather than hiding the guns or locking the up, take your kid to the range and shoot them, let the kids use them in the correct environment.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

ORIGINAL: FezA4

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

Kids are weak now, what happened to being strong and standing up to yourself and not letting others get to you, i spent all of my life being attacked and pick on by racisim but u dont see me going crazy and unloading on innocent people. Parents should talk to their kids more and give them tools to cope with their problems, but in these busy times who has the time to talk anymore. i handled my business on my own and i cant see why these kids can do it, what a sad and weak generation they are.
Agreed. I grew up suffering racism from not just Whites, but Blacks (it's a black thing, you wouldn't understand), and Hispanics, too! All it did was make me want to excel and exceed the boundaries of those small, petty minds. As far as WEAK kids, society has MADE them weak in mind, body, and spirit. Anything they hafta WORK for isn't worth the trouble. Not when they can whine to mommy and/or daddy and get whatever they want. (some of you on here FIT THIS DESCRIPTION, and you KNOW who you are, so I expect you to jump all over me about this and expose yourselves) Or, you've aligned yourself with the "it" crowd, and managed to convince yourself that you're *special* because of who you hang with, and pedestrians and their pedantic ways don't apply to you. Couple that with how we coddle our children by not being permitted corpreal corrective measures, and/or risk being thrown in jail for not encasing them in bubble-wrap, before sending them out to play, these days. Then, expect the babysitter, or School (pre-, grade-, junior high-, and high-) to raise them FOR US, and it's no wonder kids act out (no matter how violent, it's still, basically, a tantrum) to get attention. 5 years from now that 13 y/o'll have his juvi record sealed and go on to bigger and better crimes against society, from all teh cool stuff he'll learn in Juvi-Hall.

He'll be a MUCH WORSE human being, but he won't be any stronger than he is now, as a 13 y/o[&o]
Agreed... but..

Being someone who didnt experience basically ANY racial problems just thought I would chime in a bit. I don't know if I'm arguing the right facts, maybe i interpreted this whole thing. Im not quite sure if I'm justified in saying this but just because someone hasnt experienced problems as a child, and were given alot of help by there parents doesn't mean they can't stand up for themselves and work when it needs to be done. No, I didnt experience any major issues with prejudice or really any problems with my peers. Yes, my parents would give both arms and legs to just see me and my bro smile. But that by no means made me weak. I think me and my brother came out just fine ( being 19 and 16). Yes I can still call my parents if I'm in a jam, but for the most part, I can wipe my own ***. And I've had a job since way before I think it was legal to have one, currently on my longest unemployment streak b/c of college.

Not saying that anything said above was wrong... just voicing a personal opinion. I hate when people get pissed at something and it just turns into bitching.
I'd be willing to bet that neither YOU, nor your Brother were raised in abstentia, by a series of grown-ups OTHER than your Rents (i.e. Aunts & Uncles, whenever you visited, Teachers/the Principle, etc...), or completely ignored and (worse yet) raised by the One-Eyed Baby-Sitter. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that, along with your Rents bending over backwards to help you, they also went waaaaaaay outta their way to guide and mold you and your Brother into responsible people, accountable for your actions. If I in fact win that bet I applaud You, your Sibling and, more importantly, Your 'Rents. In fact, I'd be more than willing to take my winnings and buy them both a round and a steak, if they're ever in DC, for the effort they put in...
Uh yea. I dont see where this is going. The only thing I was contradicting was the fact that kids who have there "asses wiped for them" cant do **** for themselves when they grow older cause they were raises a different way. I'm simply acknowledging that fact you said before about running to mommy and daddy for help being weak and all.
And congrats on winning that bet... no we grew up in jersey. But we did have a babysitting with one eye. Sry for treading on thin ice with anyones up-bringing/childhood.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:38 AM
Senior Administrator

But, seriously, for those a little TOO young to understand teh reference, the one-eyed baby-sitter is TELEVISION, and its a POOR substitute for ACTUAL parenting, and prolly more responsible for the rash of school shootings than any other single factor. There was a case, around these parts, not too long ago, about this over-sized 13 y/o kid who accidentally killed his sister by "practicing" wrestling moves on her... He said only that he didn't think she'd get hurt because the rasslers on TV always got up and walked away[]

THAT is an example of what kind societal results you get from propping your kids in front of the TV so they don't bother you, while you go and hump they momma, undisturbed, in the back room. Well, that, and a rash of schooll shootings.

OK, and some undisturbed nookie