Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I got into an accident...advice?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
Progressive is usually good about rates. I've been in 3 accidents 1 my fault and rates haven't changed! And no offence but for you to clip the rear quater like that you had to be more than just turning red. Unless she was approaching the like at 45+mph and busted threw just as it was green or she was watching the like and took of like a drag tree... The avg. person from dead stop to get threw the light is about 3 seconds...
You're a cop aren't you? I had an CHP officer buddy (dead) that talked just like you, the average person through a light is 3 seconds.....only cops know stuff like that.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:14 PM
4th Gear

I have no doubt in my mind the Altima was going 45/50MPH

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
Progressive is usually good about rates. I've been in 3 accidents 1 my fault and rates haven't changed! And no offence but for you to clip the rear quater like that you had to be more than just turning red. Unless she was approaching the like at 45+mph and busted threw just as it was green or she was watching the like and took of like a drag tree... The avg. person from dead stop to get threw the light is about 3 seconds...

Old 02-18-2010, 03:08 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Dj Spiel
fact that she was black and ghetto didn't look to good.
I lol'd

Old 02-18-2010, 10:30 AM

BTW DJSpiel, your signature video is highly offensive. Wife beating is not something to make fun of. It's something only pussies and cowards do.

The fact that you would treat such a criminal act as okay to depict in what you consider to be an amusing way doesn't exactly make you look like anything other than a knuckle-dragging imbecile.

I'm rather disappointed that I am the first person to point this out.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by Gordon Freeman Jr

I'm rather disappointed that I am the first person to point this out.
Your just the first person in this thread. It's been mentioned to him before, several times, probably.

I am not defending his choice of speech, but, as an American citizen he does have the right to free speech. And, unfortunately, there is no guarantee in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights against being offended.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
Your just the first person in this thread. It's been mentioned to him before, several times, probably.

I am not defending his choice of speech, but, as an American citizen he does have the right to free speech. And, unfortunately, there is no guarantee in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights against being offended.

Free Speech doesn't really apply to the promotion of violent criminal activity, does it? Before you answer that, think about if your brother-in-law saw that cartoon and used it as an excuse to put your sister in the hospital. Would you then find it offensive enough? Let's go a step further and set a scenario where this was used to justify murdering someone. Is that free speech?

Last edited by Gordon Freeman Jr; 02-18-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Senior Administrator

Technically, yes, it still IS free speech. As I said, I am not defending the content. It IS retarded. But, it is also protected under the constitution. Especially since he is not saying "You should DO THIS!" Or, "You should behave in just such a manner." It is his constitutional right to say or display retarded words or images. You cannot legislate that, in a free society. All you CAN do is ostracize or otherwise shun the person who offends with their words or displays of offending content. Without an audience it becomes an "if a tree falls in the woods..." issue.

Functionally, this being a more of less private enterprise, you could start a campaign to have him banned for displaying objectionable content. We, as Mods & Admins, try to adhere to the general wishes of our community. If enough of them complain we will contact the individual and see if we can get them to stop being offensive. If they wish to continue offending, we ban.

But, yes, technically, by law, it IS free speech. He is displaying it, not actively promoting such behavior. As I am sure you are aware, younger minds seem to think that drawing attention to themselves, in any manner, no matter how offensive, is a form of self-promotion and validation that "us" "older" people "just don't understand them." Not realizing that we, too, wee young, once. And that we, too, saw a need to behave badly to get attention.

Growing older and wiser is a process...

Old 02-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Sorry to hear what happened Spiel, I'm glad no one was hurt tho.

As for the signature, I am sure he has it up just for laughs and giggles. I'm not defending DJ Spiel in any way but through out the years I've known him on the forums, he doesn't come off as a wife beater.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:26 PM

Well, I'm not a paying customer, so I guess the point is moot.

Last edited by Gordon Freeman Jr; 02-18-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:34 PM
5th Gear

I'm still confused as to why we know the race of the VICTIM of your stupidity. Doesn't seem important.
Fail.

You broke the law, you could have hurt or killed somebody, and now you'll pay for it... at the very least with jacked insurance premiums. I hope it eats your conscience a bit, too.

There's my bit of free speech in a public forum.

Quick Reply: I got into an accident...advice?