Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I love Nigerians!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 04:29 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: I love Nigerians!

damn nig...nigerians!

Old 10-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Adam in CO

I usually reply to these. Something like this;

Dear Chizoba,

It is good to hear from you. Hope all is well. How's the wife and kids? How's work? I always thought accounting and auditing was kinda boring. How's the weather in Lome-Togo? Nice this time of year?

Sorry to hear about Robert and his family. I guess I missed the funerals. My bad. I will try to remember to send some flowers. Then again, I guess there is nobody to send them to since they all died together.

Good luck with finding someone to help you straighten out his finances.

Take care and stay in touch.
Same here. I gotta go look and see if my last response is still in my inbox. I tickled MYSELF with that one... You know what? We should ALL post-back our replies to these things. Kinda like that Wall Street response to teh gold-digger... I'm going to look for it, now!

Old 10-10-2007, 04:59 PM

I get those in my inbox every once in awhile. But yesterday, I received a letter in the mail from Spain, telling me that I won a private European lottery, and my presence is required in Madrid to sign the documents. In addition, they wanted me to send some money to secure my "winnings". I was kind of surprised to see that people would go to such lengths to try & get my money, that they would spend 0.55 euros to send a letter from Spain to CA! It would've been cheaper for them to just send me an email.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Senior Administrator

I think email costs money, in Spain[8D]

Anyway, here was teh one *I* mentioned, above. I swear that I have not re-edited my respnse in any way/shape/form. It is as it was sent, to my new *GOOD* friend Charles & his Sister...
I have redacted MY email addy, but, you're ALL welcome to contact Charles, if you want. I'm still waiting for his reply, though <<shrugs>>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
[/size][/color][/size]Date:[/size][/color][/font]
Mon Sep 17 15:44:59 2007
Troy Patterson XXXXXXXXXXX@XXXXXX.com
To:
<charlestoure20@yahoo.fr>
Subject:
RE: From Charles Toure & Sister.[/size]

[size=2][size=2][color=black]Dear Charles,

I would be delighted to help you. simply send me your Sister, as collateral against the eventual receipt of funds. Once I have the funds you wish held in trust I will happily return your sister to you. Do not worry, I will put your sister to good use, and she will acquire many useful skills a young lady needs as she begins her transition into woman-hood. Rest assured she will be schooled in only the best of ways and learn much about making and keeping any future husband a VERY HAPPY gentleman, indeed. When and where possible I will PERSONALLY see to her education and, if necessary, discipline. When my always busy schedule takes me away from her care and knowledge-bringing, I PROMISE you she will be well looked after by my MOST trusted of friends and associates. You have my every assurance that they, too, will do ALL they can to ensure that she learns as much as time permits about keeping her future husband well-satisfied and smiling.

So, let me know when I shold be at the local airport to recieve the precious gift, and I will send a car to collect her. Once the monies have been transfered to my Swiss bank account, to be held in trust until you complete your schooling, of course, I will send your little sister back to you with an education better than any amount of money can buy, and a worldly-wise understanding of human nature.

I await your next correspondence, baitedly!

--- On Mon 09/17, charles toure < charles-toure011@hotmail.fr > wrote:

[blockquote]From: charles toure [mailto: charles-toure011@hotmail.fr]
To: undisclosed-recipients
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 20:54:47 +0200
Subject: From Charles Toure & Sister.

.hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma }
From Charles Toure & Sister.
United Nations Refugee Camp,
Abidjan- Cote d Ivoire.

Dear Patterson,

I know this mail may come to you as a surprise, since we have not known or written before. I am Charles Toure, 23 years old, I am contacting you on behalf of myself and my younger sister Elizabeth. We are an orphans.Nationality­: Ivoirians. Our late Father Mr Lawrence Toure was a successful business-man whom before his untimely death , was a Cocoa and Diamond Merchant based here in Abidjan, Cote d'lvoire. Both our Father and Mother were poisoned at a party organised by one of his business associates. Before he died in a private hospital here, my Father called me and told me that he deposited the sum of US$12.5m (Twelve Million Five Hundred Thousand American Dollars), in a bank here which he used my name as next of kin to deposit the funds as the only son. Due to the problem that have arised in our family between my late Father's brothers over who should control his wealth and subsquent death in the family, I have decided with my younger sister to transfer this funds overseas for future investment after we finish our education.We want to leave here and come over to your country to live and continue our studies, because our lives is no longer safe here. We have heard from a reliable source that they are planing on how to retrieve all the documents concerning the funds from us, so that they can claim the funds. Before contacting you, we have spoken with the local bank manager and worked out modalities on how to transfer the funds to your country.Please, we humbly seek your assistance in the following ways:
1- To assist us in transferring this fund quietly into your account in your country.
2- To serve as the guardian of this funds since I am still in the university and my younger sister is still in the college.
3- To make arrangement for me and my younger sister to come over to your country to further our education and to help us secure a residential permit in your country. Moreover, we are willing to offer you any agreed (percentage) out of the total funds as compensation for your efforts/input after the successful transfer of this funds into your nominated account overseas, while some percentage will be set aside to offset any expenses we may incur.
4- Furthermore, you can indicate your option towards assisting us as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within the shortest possible time.
NB: Please, if you are interested to help us, contact me immediately after you read this proposal so that I may give you more detailed information on how this transfer could be carried out. However, I wish to hear from you to know your decision concerning this proposal.Please reply very urgent through our Email Adress charlestoure2008@yahoo.fr)
Yours Sincerely
Mr Charles Toure & Sister.

[hr]

Besoin d'un e-mail ? CrĂ©ez gratuitement un compte Windows Live Hotmail et gagnez du temps avec l'interface Ă* la Outlook ! [color=#0033cc]Windows Live Hotmail
[/blockquote]
[size=2][font=geneva,arial][size=2]
BTW, I think I may claim that other guys name, "Chizoba Duke," as my Cars names, in that "car-name" thread. So, "Chizoba" is atmy favorite semi-localmechanic's (rayveedub) right now, being put right. And I'm sportin "Duke" until I can get Chizo back!

Old 10-10-2007, 05:44 PM
1st Gear

That is funny. Did he send his little sister?

Old 10-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Senior Administrator

Not yet, but I do get a l'il thrill everytime a UPS or FedEx truck enters teh complex...

Old 10-11-2007, 02:00 PM
3rd Gear

anyone remember this " Hi I am nigerian royalty, i need you to send me money, please ignore the fact that i cant spell nigerian, or royalty" haha

Here is what my buddy wrote them once

Wow, that is the third time this week i have won the euro lottery!!!! Iam the luckiest guy in the whole world apparently. In fact, since i am already now 30 times richer than bill gates i dont need your money. So hows about you take the money and shove it up your pee-hole? Get a job you worthless waste of space. Better yet, do the world afavor andjump out in front of traffic on a busy highway and end your worthless pathetic life.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:04 PM
4th Gear

Nigerians?? yeah, they're fun and all in some social circles - but you can't beat the Irish for some good old time beer drinking songs!! [8D]

Old 10-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Administrator

I love it when I get this stuff. I know a guy in the FBI, so I allow the person to go on and on (if on an instant messaging service), then tell them I've pinged them and done a traceroute and have their IP address, which I'm forwarding to the FBI. I give them the agent's name and office location and invite them to call and verify, and then watch how fast they get offline and make excuses. It's even more fun to leave a few pages of insults on their offline messages, deriding their mother, what their sister does to farm animals, etc. Very therapeutic

Old 10-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: UpstateNYA4

I love it when I get this stuff. I know a guy in the FBI, so I allow the person to go on and on (if on an instant messaging service), then tell them I've pinged them and done a traceroute and have their IP address, which I'm forwarding to the FBI. I give them the agent's name and office location and invite them to call and verify, and then watch how fast they get offline and make excuses. It's even more fun to leave a few pages of insults on their offline messages, deriding their mother, what their sister does to farm animals, etc. Very therapeutic
You made it sound so fun!

Quick Reply: I love Nigerians!