Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I seriously messed up, need all the help I can get

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 04:26 AM
Default I seriously messed up, need all the help I can get

-------------

Last edited by B5 owns; 11-28-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:48 AM
1st Gear

Don't pack it in because of one mistake.You're not thr first one to do this.You quittiing school is something you'll always regret.Ride the storm out.Your parents will be more upset for quitting.It's a Catholic college there should be forgiveness

Old 11-24-2008, 06:06 AM
1st Gear

Seriously man, Dont give up on your family & dont let your family give up on you. Your young & we all make mistakes.
It's not an unforgivable thing that you did, you just need to man up and take the consequences as they come.
Losing the financial aid will hurt but think of it as flame under your *** to get you in gear for a second job or something.
Keep this in mind too with all the other things that have gone on "Time heals all wound"
Just keep your chin up man.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:29 AM
5th Gear

like others have said, quitting school is the last thing you want to do. you might be able to get loans that you'll have to pay back. remember, you're still 19, you have many years left to either regret you quit school or stay in school and pay back loans. if that school costs too much, i'm sure there's other schools in the area that cost a little less but has the same major. it's not always how good of a school you go to that lands you a job, it's your work ethics that make you wanted by a company

Old 11-24-2008, 08:00 AM
1st Gear

Making a mistake and then doing another is not going to help. As everyone has already said. Ride the storm, stay in school.

There are a lot worse things you could have done. I'm sure your parents are glad it is happening now rather than finding out when you are on crack cocaine.

I'm sure you have had lots of time to go over your actions and re-evaluate what you want from life. Re-focus on what you want and go for it. The only person who can really help you is you. The financial loss will hurt, but you can hopefully work around it.

All the best.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:43 AM
6th Gear

check your university policy but at least at Ohio State the first time you get caught with pot and if it is your frst mistake, ususally the board you might have to go up against will be realitivly lenient, tell them it was your first time and you just wanted to experience something new, but didn't like the feeling of a loss of control that it gave you.

Also don't let one mistake discourage you, Life seems to work out even when it seems down and I've found out that most parents are pretty understanding if you actually talk to them.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

Originally Posted by MYD WGN
Don't pack it in because of one mistake.You're not thr first one to do this.You quittiing school is something you'll always regret.Ride the storm out.Your parents will be more upset for quitting.It's a Catholic college there should be forgiveness
AGREE!
i don't know of anyone who, after expressing remorseful regret, is denied a second chance!
just explain like you did here.

the important thing is to say that you have learned from your mistakes. you now realize that turning to drugs/alcohol/whatever, is not the way to deal with your problems and that in your moment of weakness you made an error in judgement. if you are sincere in your presentation, your audience will forgive.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:12 AM

think how many very susscessful people there are who got dumped by their Gf, and got caught smoking herb?? theres no reason to quit school. Weed is pretty much the weakest crime you can commit. and there are over 6 billion people on this earth, you will find anouther girl. The real mistake would be to leave school, its the most important thing for your future.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

bill clinton smoked weed...even got blow jobs in the oval office, and he was pretty successful.
however, i guess his punishment is being married to hilary, so he suffers daily for his mistakes.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:43 PM

Call it quits man. You're donezo. Your buddy will probably get 35 to life so you should probably just move out of the country or something. Africa, Siberia maybe. Those are really the only places you can go to escape the MONUMENTAL mistakes you've just made. (MAJOR sarcasm, btw)

Quick Reply: I seriously messed up, need all the help I can get