Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you are a fan of Top Gear

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 07:43 PM
1st Gear
Default If you are a fan of Top Gear

This is the interview we've been waiting for. Jan. 28 TG continues with the Hamster.
http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/yo...ash-224030.php

Old 12-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Default RE: If you are a fan of Top Gear

wow good find, glad he's alright top gear kicks ***, they need to make an american verison to bad it would have all the heavy, less modified, less hp vehicles like america has and produces

Old 12-26-2006, 09:12 PM
1st Gear

yea good hes up and about ... he was amusing on johnaton ross the other night ...

tell you what he is ... a damn lucky little dude ... the car he was drivin "vampire " has been around the uk drag racin scene for years, it used to run side by side with another "jet car " called HELLBENDER
this crashed at santa pod in the late 80s .. the driver was killed on impact .. this was at the end of the track , after the finish gantry.... i was stood at the furthest point of the pits with my father watching this run ... as i say hamster was very lucky!

Old 12-26-2006, 09:49 PM

pretty sure i posted this at least 3 weeks ago. But yes i cant wait.

Old 12-26-2006, 09:59 PM

yeah he was very lucky, the local jet car driver here and he goes to australia quite a bit, Chuck Haynes he drives gravity Storm and Volcano (aka Passafire) he claims at around the mid 200's mph wise, that everything gets in slow motion, i belive at the drag strip they did close to 270 mph i can't remember how fast, but yeah its amazing to see, well sound slike richard hammond and top gear are still doing the show but they claim they are backing off the speed and stunts, but i just watched an episode and it doesn't seem different.. anyway good he's alright