Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just checking in

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 12:02 PM
5th Gear
Default just checking in

posting from my phone so i'm gonna keep it short. the TT threw a rod without warning while i was sitting in traffic last week. bought an 87 4000CSQ for $240 and thats now my daily driver. debating whether to keep the TT. that is all.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Guru

Sell it and get the 2.2 turbo 5 for the 4000 if it doesn't already have it. Then build the **** out of it.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:23 PM
5th Gear

oh not the hulk. how about a build now? you have way too much money in the suspension to sell it. or you could put it back to close to stock with another engine and sell it. i wouldn't sell it with all the goodies you have on it though

Old 01-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

Happy birthday!!!

Old 01-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Happy birthday!

I'd just keep the TT for weekend cruiser or something. Like hiwords said, there are times I feel it's not worth selling our cars after the amount of stupid money, time, sweat, and blood we have put into it.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:46 PM
5th Gear

Money has been kinda tight for me for a while now, if I can unload the TT (with suspension swapped back to stock, and the engine fixed, I could get out of almost $300/month in bills between payment and keeping full coverage on it.

I just bought this 4000 (5 cyl, no turbo) for $240, and liability coverage increased my payment by $14. Not a month, thats for the 6 month contract.

Its really gonna come down to what I can come up with for a replacement engine. cheap cheap cheap. But to be honest, the love/hate relationship with the TT has really pushed towards hate over the course of the last year. On the other hand, I was EXCITED to get out of work and get started on some stuff for the 4000. Oh, and the support group is much larger for the 4000.

So far, been given some extra interior parts, a timing belt, and valve cover gasket, and theres a cruise control setup that might be for the taking. I couldn't BORROW parts for the TT to help diagnose some crap on it.

So, we'll see how it goes, but Im really leaning towards getting rid of the TT. I could always come back to another one in a few years if I feel the need, but at the moment, im busy being re-infatuated with the 4000. A 4000 was my first audi, over 10 years ago.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Administrator

We get a decent amount of older Audis at the local yard. I'll keep an eye out for one of those. What model year range is the same as the 87 (ie, as in a B5 is 96-01)?

Old 01-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by achTTung
Money has been kinda tight for me for a while now, if I can unload the TT (with suspension swapped back to stock, and the engine fixed, I could get out of almost $300/month in bills between payment and keeping full coverage on it.

I just bought this 4000 (5 cyl, no turbo) for $240, and liability coverage increased my payment by $14. Not a month, thats for the 6 month contract.

Its really gonna come down to what I can come up with for a replacement engine. cheap cheap cheap. But to be honest, the love/hate relationship with the TT has really pushed towards hate over the course of the last year. On the other hand, I was EXCITED to get out of work and get started on some stuff for the 4000. Oh, and the support group is much larger for the 4000.

So far, been given some extra interior parts, a timing belt, and valve cover gasket, and theres a cruise control setup that might be for the taking. I couldn't BORROW parts for the TT to help diagnose some crap on it.

So, we'll see how it goes, but Im really leaning towards getting rid of the TT. I could always come back to another one in a few years if I feel the need, but at the moment, im busy being re-infatuated with the 4000. A 4000 was my first audi, over 10 years ago.
At least you're staying in the family.

I'm actually surprised when you said there's a large support group for that particular model.

Pics?

Old 01-21-2010, 10:19 PM
5th Gear

Audi is the only family. Been driving nothing but since 1997. I'll get pics up this weekend. cant post em from my phone. gotta do some research to know what range of years is ok, i'll get back to ya. which yard do you use? used to hit Garys but they didnt have much then. .

Old 01-22-2010, 12:33 AM
5th Gear

ya Gary's has a 90CS, older A6, a 4000 i believe and an A4. let us know what you need man.

Quick Reply: just checking in