Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Learning to fight

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 01:48 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Learning to fight

jiu jitsu jiu jitsu jiu jistu jui jstu jiu jisut

Old 02-20-2006, 05:14 AM

i told my parents tonight that i wanted to learn, that i wished i did it early and i think im gonna start up soon. Im gonna go to a MMA place and just go from there. Prolly start Muay Tai.

Old 02-20-2006, 06:54 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: specialK4

apg - muay thai you use knee's , leg kicks, elbowls, regular punches etc.. depending on the rules on where you are fighting its either 16 oz gloves, 12 oz, 4 oz ( which are the small ones the ufc guys wear) or if ur in thailand you will see them fighting with just wraps or bare knuckle. if u want to get in good shape i'd go and find a place that trains jiu-jitsu and muay thai.

young warrior - u obviously have no idea wut ur talking about a trained MMA fighter vs some juiced muscle head , the MMA fighter will destroy him. my instructor is about 155lbs and has been training for over 15 yrs. without a doubt he will beat the **** out of some juiced up ********. during class when he rolls with people who are 240 + he makes them look like their 50lbs. its all about technique and disicpline.

Ask him. Look at the UFC fighters. You dont see them flicking kicking and twirling like the ballerinas in the movies and they are highly trained martial artists. They basically box grapple and throw and then once it goes to the floor they try and use submissions etc. In a street fight there coulb be two guys coming at you or someone using a bottle. Basically its like UFC apart from the fact that you dont start fighting and rolling about on the floor. There are even EX karate champs and other types of MMA champs that compete in the UFC and they still get their ***** kicked.

Now dont get me wrong if hes a uber MMA he will probably win. But your average master thayt you find in your local MMA club will get his *** handed to him by a huge dude. And about him at 155lbs rolling men that weigh 240lbs plus I bet that isnt all muscle but a fair amount of fat and in a controlled enviroment what you expect. I can toss a 200lb man in a controlled enviroment too but when it comes to a street fight I stick and move. Look it up.

Old 02-20-2006, 07:32 PM
4th Gear

99.999999% of the time in street fights there is some booze involved. Some young dikhead that gets a few drinks in him and is out with his buddies and wants to start a little action so he can have a story to tell about his wild weekend (because annoying dikheads like this are angry drunks and if they can't find a girl with low enough self-esteem to talk to them it becomes a weekend filled with drinking and fighting for no apparent reason). This is not much of a martial arts challenge.

Any of the arts that use basic techniques of grappling and tossing opponents around will win one of these fights - provided you aren't as loaded as the dumbass you are fighting. And I'm not talking about anything elaborate or movie-like. If drunken dude comes at you, you throw him to the ground or into a nearby car or wall a few times - he is going to start thinking that this isn't all it's cracked up to be. And it is good fun to watch him get increasingly frustrated and tired at the same time.

You don't want to get into some close combat, like Muy Thai, trying to knee kick a guy in the kidneys. First, you have to be damn fast like one of those little Thai guys to do it(and no, you aren't that fast). Second, why get into a bear hug situation with some drunk loser that may outweigh you and be able to do more damage by landing on you in a fall than anything else? This is dirty/sloppy drunk fighting from him. All you have to do it make it painful to get within arm's length of you. If he gets more angry than tired during this process and his pride is getting the better of him, you may have to up the pain factor until you convince him to stay down. This can be done by kicking while he is down. Life is hard.

Old 02-20-2006, 07:57 PM
1st Gear

Yeah agree with post above. If the guys bladdered to his brains and your not you dont have much to worry about other than that person trying to smash a glass in your face. Once got chatting to one of the smaller bouncers and he was telling me how that its a simple tax dealing with drink fueled fights as long as theyre arent many people involved. he said its easy to move the drunks about as theyre so unstable on their feet.

Old 02-20-2006, 10:04 PM
4th Gear

I didn't mention above that another tactic you can use is intimidation. For this I suggest going out with fierce looking drinking buddies and a cool fighting suit -

God, the interweb has some funny stuff on it.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:10 AM
2nd Gear

how about yoga....moybe not.. =)

Old 02-21-2006, 03:20 AM
1st Gear

yea i agree with that young warrior but, just today iwas rolling with a guy who was 210 pretty much all muscle and im at 165 all muscle...i could easily tool on him without any problems. its all about levrage