Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Car Flooded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 02:16 AM
3rd Gear
Default My Car Flooded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. Some of you may have read that I was just putting my Honda Accord up for sale. Well.... As every other day during the summer in Kansas City, we are in the middle of a very severe thunderstorm right now and my Honda has been flooded. The water was up to the middle of the doors and has just gone down enough for me to look inside. I opened the doors and the floors are filled with water up to the top of the seats. I am so fricken pissed right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are supposed to get up to 2 more inches within the next hour which is not good. I have already called my insurance company to set up a claim. She said that most of their water claims end up being total losses because of the extent of what has to be repaired. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I am just at a loss of words right now. I'm sick to my stomach. Why does this crap happen when you are planning on doing something like sell your car!! I have no idea what is going to happen now. There is no way I will be able to sell this car now.

Does anyone agree that they will probably total the car? If not, how can I make this happen. I will not drive a flooded car. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-12-2006, 02:20 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: My Car Flooded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INS will likely total it but lowball you price wise unless you have replacement cost.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:26 AM
3rd Gear

I'm praying to god that this thing is totalled. I'm just upsed because we had planned on this car being sold and now it's all mixed up. It was parked in a parking spot at our town house and the spot is located on a down hill with no drainage. If anything, I think this could be partially the apartments fault. We called them because our garage was filling with water and they told us there was nothing they could do! Now are garage smells like *** and I'm scared to keep the Audi inside of it. I was gone when the Honda was flooding and my fiance called balling about it. Thank god the A6 wasn't in the garage.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:48 AM
4th Gear

That sucks. if your honda pretty old just write it off other wise not much you can do but take what the insurance gives. if the engine still runs, you can try drying it out. or sell it to some dumb ricer. or part it out.

Old 07-12-2006, 03:00 AM
3rd Gear

It's a 2002 with 44k miles on it. It's pretty new. It was actually in perfect condition. Leather interior etc. Now it's all ruined. I just don't see how they are going to fix all of it. I'm almost scared to go to bed because we are getting a few more inches by 2:00am. It's only 11:00pm right now. I just don't want the garage to start flooding again because of my baby.

Old 07-12-2006, 03:38 AM
5th Gear

They will write it off, don't you worry. They would write off a 2005 with 10K miles on it, I bet... water destroys absolutely everything! And they know it!
Best of luck with insurance, though... if they offer you less than what you were going to sell it for, then fight with them. You don't have to accept their first offer! You can argue with them, and state your case using autotrader ads, dealership used car pricing etc... you should be paid the replacement cost of that vehicle, including taxes.
And yes... let's hope the A6 stays dry!

Old 07-12-2006, 03:42 AM
2nd Gear

Total Loss Protection on you're loan, if you are on a loan. I love total loss protection...

Old 07-12-2006, 04:37 AM
3rd Gear

hopefully you have gap insurance..

Old 07-12-2006, 04:51 AM
4th Gear

thats why they made garages

Old 07-12-2006, 04:54 AM
4th Gear

if that floods.. then ug ot major issues

Quick Reply: My Car Flooded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!