Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Car Flooded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 04:59 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: My Car Flooded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all i know is in alot of states if you have a car loan and dont have gap insurance the insurace copany is only obligated to pay off what you owe on the car not what the car is worth.. that where the gap insurance comes in, so if you have a 20,000 car and u owe 12000 your insurace company pays the 12000 to the dealership or bank, and the cap insurance pays you the 8 grand to cover the gap... hence the name cap insurance

Old 07-12-2006, 06:37 AM
2nd Gear

lol, dont start the civ, my buddy did that to his wrx, just got him in more trouble... so be baught a s14 and made it drift spec...

Old 07-12-2006, 05:16 PM
3rd Gear

Well, the adjuster called me today and I am at a loss of words. He said they can't get out to see it until Friday afternoon! Let me mention that it is now 100 degrees in Kansas City and 90% humidity! That car is going to really start to stink. He suggested that I get a shop vac and start to clean it myself! I told him that wasn't an option since I have submitted this to insurance and now they can deal with it. I don't pay premium to do the work myself when I submit a claim. It's my first claim in 11 years. Even better, if he feels that the car can be repaired, they can't get it to a shop until the 30th!!!! Now this is the kicker. None of the shops that they advised I could take it to are Honda or independent. I can take it to a Chrysler/Jeep dealership, GMC dealership or a Kia dealership!! LOL. I just started laughing. I'm not taking it to any of them. Why would I take my Honda to a chrysler dealership? You would think that Honda being the most popular car in the world, they would contract with them? I'm just pissed now.

Old 07-12-2006, 05:22 PM
4th Gear

Man, that whole thing stinks. I guess you are going to have to start arguing with them about the price to total it. They will resist this, but precedence is on your side. They know that the car has no resale value now and that is it ruined on the inside. It is the phone-monkey's job to argue with you about it some though.

Old 07-12-2006, 05:26 PM
3rd Gear

I'm going to tell the guy on Friday that I want it totalled. Why should they care? It's my loss history that will show it. I really don't care about a comp loss anyway. The area was declared a CAT loss too which is nice.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:07 PM
4th Gear

it made it up into the dash then its fecked. if it hits the computers. then the cost it much more than the value. A few years back. inhouston, every car that came into the toyota dealer that had water up past a certain point was just totaled (cus of the seven computers.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:15 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Dj Spiel

thats why they made garages

Well, the Audi goes in the garage and the Honda parks outside. It's only a one car garage. Town Houses in this area are extremely expensive for a two car garage. Sometimes hundreds more. Even if it was in the garage, it was flooded as well. I was at a baseball game when it happened, so the Audi wasn't there. The garage had a few inches inside of it. I just got home from work and you can clearly see the water lines on the dash and on the outside of the car. I'm just glad I'm an underwriter for an insurance company. My fiance is an auto adjuster for the same company too. LOL. I can't wait to see this adjuster on Friday. He better keep it fair.

We had two people come to our house when we got home from work. They live on the lake that is a couple places down from us. They were on their balcony last night and could see our car under the water. They were watching it and noticed that a valve in the lake opened and started pouring tons of water into the lake and the water that was covering the car immediately went down. We think there was something wrong with the storm drain that was backed up and caused the flooding. I went into the management office and discussed the situation and they were extremely nice about it. They are contacting their corporate offices in the morning and are calling me then.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:04 AM
2nd Gear

you could get them to pay for repair, then part it out, and make maby enough money for a downpayment on a rs4...