Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Contact her
63.33%
Don't contact her
3.33%
Drink myself into a stupor and bang out every hooker I can find
6.67%
Soylent green is people!!
6.67%
Suck it up, take it like a man, and move on
13.33%
Die in a fire
6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

My Obsession Poll!! You get to decide my fate!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 12:15 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP
Default RE: My Obsession Poll!! You get to decide my fate!!

also, everybody has the same insecurities. we just deal with them in different ways. its what makes us human.

i think it would be best to write a letter(not too long). that way you say exactly what you want. maybe include a picture of yourself. that way she has time to think before she replies and if she rejects you, it might be easier to take. (but, dont pour your heart out all at once. little at time as to not scare her. you dont want to look like a stalker)
i think i'd be flattered and quite intrigued to know that someone was thinking about me for so long. if i were her, i'd be curious.

Old 12-15-2005, 12:28 PM
1st Gear

Damn Silver. Don't be such a vagina. Just kidding dude. Time to contact her and either close the chapter or start a new one.

Old 12-15-2005, 12:50 PM
5th Gear

How come I can't see the picture either?

Hmm!

But yeah... Closure buddy... one way or another... I don't think ANY result would actually be as bad as wondering 'what if' for the rest of your life... blah. I couldn't handle that.

Old 12-15-2005, 03:09 PM
3rd Gear

I agree with Headshok. If you guys were as close as you say, and you don't seem prone to exaggeration, then there is no chance she won't remember you. To erase the double negative, SHE WILL REMEMBER YOU, unless she's in a coma, or an asylum, or dead. Which brings me to my second thought: Even if she broke your heart, not respecting who you've become or who you want to be, or something else, it would hurt, yeah. It would hurt. Probably the worst pain you'll ever feel. But then it would be over. Would you rather get speared by a red-hot metal implement and fully recover, or have this intense ache that you basically mold your whole life around?

Not calling her isn't as painful now, but any outcome is better than no resolution, ever. And you don't seem to be considering this: What if she loves you as much as you love her? Maybe this could be your first giant step away from everything you hate about yourself.

It obviously isn't doing you much good to do what you're doing now, but even if the worst possible happened, it would be better in the end than still not knowing.

Old 12-15-2005, 03:38 PM
1st Gear

Oh wow. This is a fvcking dramabomb.

Look man, the simple fact that you titled this thread "My Obsession..." says to me that you need to fvcking get over this chick. Forget out her. It's just a goddamn girl. She isn't anything special man: she farts, eats, ***** and breathes like you do. Stop putting her on a pedestal and believing she's some fvcking love of your life. It's been EIGHT YEARS for fvcks sake. If she had any feelings for you or thought you had any feelings for her, the fact that you haven't acted on them yet proves to her and you're a *****. Girls already have one *****, they don't need another.

She's already hurt you once. Don't give her a chance to do it again, man. Get all the ideas about being a knight in shining armor out of your head. You don't have a trusty white stallion (you have an Audi, which is just as good I guess ), you aren't fighting a dragon, and she certainly doesn't need to be rescued.

STOP. BEING. A. *****. Move the hell on, and forget about her.

Old 12-15-2005, 04:12 PM
4th Gear

I voted soylent green, but I think you should give her a call. Start off slow. See how phone chatter goes. Maybe email some. I'm a big fan of TMs, but some people are lousy at flirting in short blurbs. It won't take long to find out if there is still some chemistry there.

If she is single, then tell her that you would like to come see her - not her come see you. Nice and slow. You don't want to scare the bunny. You want to pet the bunny. No screaming "I've been in love with you since I met you!" or you are toast. When you talk to her - you've obviously got a lot that you want to tell her about yourself and how you've changed, blah blah blah - well, put some of that on hold. Let her tell you about herself. Girls dig that. She may not have anyone in her life that she thinks listens to her.

My two cents.

And to borrow from ol whatshisname - The only thing you have to fear is fear itself!

Old 12-15-2005, 04:12 PM
2nd Gear

I've had a one girl like this...I call her my heroine...it is an obsession that you can't shake.

contact her...contact her...contact her.

Old 12-15-2005, 04:17 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

And to borrow from ol whatshisname - The only thing you have to fear is fear itself!
I lot of people don't know this, but Roosevelt's full quote was "The only thing we have to fear besides spiders, is FEAR ITSELF!!"

Not really.

Old 12-15-2005, 05:10 PM
1st Gear

You have nothing to lose by calling her. She's not in your life now. If you don't call her, she'll still be out of your life. If you DO call her you have a chance. This is not rocket science.

Old 12-15-2005, 05:21 PM
1st Gear

It might not be rocket science, but it is a waste of time.

Eight years man, she's probably just gonna think you're some stalker creep.

There are lots of other hot girls out there, get with them.

Quick Reply: My Obsession Poll!! You get to decide my fate!!