Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie looking to purchase used A4

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 09:05 PM
1st Gear
Default Newbie looking to purchase used A4

Hey guys, recently I have gotten my last car stolen. Most would be bummed but I always look at the positive in negative situations. For me, it gave me a chance to actually look into purchasing a car I have always admired. The Audi A4.

So now the questions come into play. First I have always just admired the look and the handling, couple of my old co-workers had them. But I never got too technical with them, atm I'm looking into a 2003-2005 A4, depending on whatever further research I find. So my main questions are, what kind of avg miles/price should I be looking for within these cars just to know I'm not totally getting ripped off?

Also, what kind of things should I be looking for when purchasing these cars? I read something about their timing belts? How much would it cost me to replace these, and how much should they affect my overall decision when buying? Any other common problems that should be easily fixed, or should avoid if necessary?

Thank you for whatever advice anyone offers, I figured I'd post this while doing little bit of other research while I'm at work. Btw I'd found sites including BlueBook that state TMV is around 9k, but most dealers are almost 3-4k more, does that leave room for negotiating or? Also any major differences cost/maintenence wise I should be aware of looking into AWD over FWD?

Old 08-17-2009, 12:43 PM

i totalled my 01 TT 225 two months ago, and just got an 03 A4 3.0 about three weeks back to replace it.

my TT was modded out well and i completly poured my heart and wallet into that car, and while i am still bummed and completely miss the TT more than anything, i absolutely love the A4.

at the moment the most active B6 A4 forum is over at audizine, so i would suggest you come over there and do your research- there are a lot of helpful threads there....

http://www.audizine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Old 09-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Banned

Its highly appreciated that in negative situation you think positive.I think its better to check it through online and get various option at reasonable rate.