AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   possible purchase.. (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/possible-purchase-13763/)

GETxSOME 07-30-2005 11:19 PM

possible purchase..

i've finally found an acceptable A4 in my price range, 1.8T, Manual, i think it might not be a Quattro (how big of a downside is this?).. its in the Chicago area. Its a little bit of a road trip for me, maybe like 4 hours or so, but i think its worth it. Anyone around the Chicago area? Maybe meet up and talk a little Audi-business.. i don't know, kinda new to this forum and what not..

apg96 07-31-2005 01:16 AM

RE: possible purchase..

quattro is great and i dont even live in the snow. I think u should wiat for quattro IMO.

Yuikio 07-31-2005 01:22 AM

Dude, wait for a Quattro.

99a4audi 07-31-2005 02:01 AM

quattro is amazing

AWDaholic 07-31-2005 02:04 AM

They don't call me AWDaholic for nuthin... They charge me $0.50 everytime they call me that, in fact, so, guys STOPPIT!!! I'm goin broke[:o]

Sneak, I'll puttit like this: Imagine you're... you know... Doin IT! You know... IT!!! Except all you can use for leverage is your ARMS!!![:@] Only your arms to, you know, pull you "in" so to speak.[:'(] That's front wheel drive.[:o] Only PULLS you along.:(

NOW!!! Imaging you've got your LEGS to work with, TOO!!!:) Arms a pullin, legs a pushin...:D:D:D DonCha think that'd be MUCH more fun?:D DonCha? THAT'S ALL-WHEEL-DRIVE my friend.:D That's AWD!!![sm=gears.gif] Quattro in Audi-speak.[sm=lol.gif]

I DARE NEbody to explain it betR than THAT!!!

Fieldy 07-31-2005 03:19 AM

Yeah, I live in CT and during heavy snow like to take turns at 25 mph, hell knows what would happen if I didn't have Quattro. The only downside to it is that it adds curbweight to the car, but what can ya do?

flyboy 07-31-2005 04:18 AM

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

They don't call me AWDaholic for nuthin... They charge me $0.50 everytime they call me that, in fact, so, guys STOPPIT!!! I'm goin broke[:o]

Sneak, I'll puttit like this: Imagine you're... you know... Doin IT! You know... IT!!! Except all you can use for leverage is your ARMS!!![:@] Only your arms to, you know, pull you "in" so to speak.[:'(] That's front wheel drive.[:o] Only PULLS you along.:(

NOW!!! Imaging you've got your LEGS to work with, TOO!!!:) Arms a pullin, legs a pushin...:D:D:D DonCha think that'd be MUCH more fun?:D DonCha? THAT'S ALL-WHEEL-DRIVE my friend.:D That's AWD!!![sm=gears.gif] Quattro in Audi-speak.[sm=lol.gif]

I DARE NEbody to explain it betR than THAT!!!
OMG. that is absolutly the most incredible way of putting it. just hope you don't offend any amputies.

CheckMyVitals 07-31-2005 04:36 AM

they sell audis without quattro? i always thought those FWD ones were just quattros with busted rear diffs

AWDaholic 07-31-2005 04:40 AM

ORIGINAL: flyboy

OMG. that is absolutly the most incredible way of putting it. just hope you don't offend any amputies.

Amputees do IT with attachments:D

flyboy 07-31-2005 04:50 AM

so they have mechanical replacements that might even make it better. and NO, i can't spell.