AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   possible purchase.. (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/possible-purchase-13763/)

GETxSOME 08-01-2005 12:54 AM

RE: possible purchase..

don't you lose a little bit of power through a Quattro system? don't you lose power the more driveshafts, diffs, and axles it has to travel through? im not trying to dis the Quattro system, living in michigan it would be amazing (as AWDaholic poetically described it), but i know that in eclipses the FWD GS-T runs faster 1/4 miles than the AWD GSX.

Karl 08-01-2005 12:59 AM

well that is pretty freakin obvious why.. Awd weighs more

GETxSOME 08-01-2005 01:02 AM

so straight up just wait for a Quattro?

Karl 08-01-2005 01:03 AM

hell yeah.. wait for a quattro... you wont regret it..

If i didnt have Quattro i would sure as hell give my left nut for it... its that damn awesome

AWDaholic 08-01-2005 02:27 AM

BAck in my European days I sported a 1993 Black Opel Calibra Turbo. The Turbo model came with, amongst other goodies like 16v, DOHC, 6-sp, AWD. It's what got me HOOKED on AWDahol. Ultra Automobile. Wish I cudda brought it back to the world with me but it was not an importable auto. The tranny computer had a more FWD balance than the Audi's do, but, entrance ramps (you know, the 270deg ones) I could take a almost 80kph (50mph) in all but the heaviest of pouring rains. When it was dry, pfffffttt, 70mph, EASY. In the snow I usually hd to slow down to the posted speed limits or risk my sheet metal. Drop a pair of wheels off the pavement? Keep your cool and just drive right back up on it. AWD may give up a bit to RWD or FWD on dry roads due to frictional losses and weight, but, driven properly, your speeds exiting teh corners can be significantly higher!!! And, toss in a little bad weather and you will RULE!!!

But I'm a tad biased...

EDYT: Found a couple of pics of my EX

[IMG]local://upfiles/4805/2DEDB4799BFF45C08F41915E72466C64.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4805/7A4C8A35164C41BD9D9DF94F93FA74D7.jpg[/IMG]

18T 08-01-2005 04:41 AM

ORIGINAL: flyboy

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

They don't call me AWDaholic for nuthin... They charge me $0.50 everytime they call me that, in fact, so, guys STOPPIT!!! I'm goin broke[:o]

Sneak, I'll puttit like this: Imagine you're... you know... Doin IT! You know... IT!!! Except all you can use for leverage is your ARMS!!![:@] Only your arms to, you know, pull you "in" so to speak.[:'(] That's front wheel drive.[:o] Only PULLS you along.:(

NOW!!! Imaging you've got your LEGS to work with, TOO!!!:) Arms a pullin, legs a pushin...:D:D:D DonCha think that'd be MUCH more fun?:D DonCha? THAT'S ALL-WHEEL-DRIVE my friend.:D That's AWD!!![sm=gears.gif] Quattro in Audi-speak.[sm=lol.gif]

I DARE NEbody to explain it betR than THAT!!!
OMG. that is absolutly the most incredible way of putting it. just hope you don't offend any amputies.
OMFG..thats the most briliant explanation ever! I think this should be made sticky for all the noobies.

AWDaholic 08-01-2005 04:57 AM

^^^Yeah, I'm a Cunning-Linguist[8D]^^^

audilover04 08-01-2005 09:56 PM

Buying an Audi without quattro is like throwing a fastball right down the middle in an 0-2 count to the three hitter, if you do it your an idiot and you'll regret it. (everyone knows you waste a pitch and try to get the batter to go fishin 0-2. And by that same token anyone with some common sense knows its quattro or bust.

AWDaholic 08-01-2005 10:20 PM

ORIGINAL: audilover04

Buying an Audi without quattro is like throwing a fastball right down the middle in an 0-2 count to the three hitter, if you do it your an idiot and you'll regret it. (everyone knows you waste a pitch and try to get the batter to go fishin 0-2.

Interesting take... But, mines is betR. 'Sides, if I GOTS the HEAT, I'm bringin the HEAT. PLayin it safe is for phusies and Volvo drivers. Bring the HEAT and bring it HIGH!!!

Karl 08-01-2005 10:39 PM

yeah im with Jazz on that....