Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

possible purchase..

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 11:19 PM
Default possible purchase..

i've finally found an acceptable A4 in my price range, 1.8T, Manual, i think it might not be a Quattro (how big of a downside is this?).. its in the Chicago area. Its a little bit of a road trip for me, maybe like 4 hours or so, but i think its worth it. Anyone around the Chicago area? Maybe meet up and talk a little Audi-business.. i don't know, kinda new to this forum and what not..

Old 07-31-2005, 01:16 AM
Default RE: possible purchase..

quattro is great and i dont even live in the snow. I think u should wiat for quattro IMO.

Old 07-31-2005, 01:22 AM
3rd Gear

Dude, wait for a Quattro.

Old 07-31-2005, 02:01 AM
4th Gear

quattro is amazing

Old 07-31-2005, 02:04 AM
Senior Administrator

They don't call me AWDaholic for nuthin... They charge me $0.50 everytime they call me that, in fact, so, guys STOPPIT!!! I'm goin broke[]

Sneak, I'll puttit like this: Imagine you're... you know... Doin IT! You know... IT!!! Except all you can use for leverage is your ARMS!!![:@] Only your arms to, you know, pull you "in" so to speak.[:'(] That's front wheel drive.[] Only PULLS you along.

NOW!!! Imaging you've got your LEGS to work with, TOO!!! Arms a pullin, legs a pushin... DonCha think that'd be MUCH more fun? DonCha? THAT'S ALL-WHEEL-DRIVE my friend. That's AWD!!![sm=gears.gif] Quattro in Audi-speak.[sm=lol.gif]

I DARE NEbody to explain it betR than THAT!!!

Old 07-31-2005, 03:19 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah, I live in CT and during heavy snow like to take turns at 25 mph, hell knows what would happen if I didn't have Quattro. The only downside to it is that it adds curbweight to the car, but what can ya do?

Old 07-31-2005, 04:18 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

They don't call me AWDaholic for nuthin... They charge me $0.50 everytime they call me that, in fact, so, guys STOPPIT!!! I'm goin broke[]

Sneak, I'll puttit like this: Imagine you're... you know... Doin IT! You know... IT!!! Except all you can use for leverage is your ARMS!!![:@] Only your arms to, you know, pull you "in" so to speak.[:'(] That's front wheel drive.[] Only PULLS you along.

NOW!!! Imaging you've got your LEGS to work with, TOO!!! Arms a pullin, legs a pushin... DonCha think that'd be MUCH more fun? DonCha? THAT'S ALL-WHEEL-DRIVE my friend. That's AWD!!![sm=gears.gif] Quattro in Audi-speak.[sm=lol.gif]

I DARE NEbody to explain it betR than THAT!!!
OMG. that is absolutly the most incredible way of putting it. just hope you don't offend any amputies.

Old 07-31-2005, 04:36 AM
4th Gear

they sell audis without quattro? i always thought those FWD ones were just quattros with busted rear diffs

Old 07-31-2005, 04:40 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: flyboy

OMG. that is absolutly the most incredible way of putting it. just hope you don't offend any amputies.
Amputees do IT with attachments

Old 07-31-2005, 04:50 AM
4th Gear

so they have mechanical replacements that might even make it better. and NO, i can't spell.

Quick Reply: possible purchase..