Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Racism Lives!!! (Rant)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 11:13 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Racism Lives!!! (Rant)

ORIGINAL: AZAudiA6Q

discrimination is an easy one especially against a privately owned place that I have been to MANY times incident free. Screw that guy.

/end rant
So if you've been to that place MANY times before w/o a problem, why was it any different that night?
Did you dress differently (the first attempt of the night) than the other previous times, or was it just a new different bouncer who was being an a$$hole to you? Sounds like b.s. - sorry to hear that happened to youman.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:40 PM

Not everything is racism. Hit me up when the bouncer is spraying you with water hoses, letting dogs attack you, beating you,calling you n******, and sending you to the colored entrance of the club. This guy doesn't know you, and when the last guy he kick out for being stupid may have been dress the same way, he's is gonna assume your a thug too.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:53 PM
1st Gear

Definately not racist.....I went to a bar in Virginia that wouldnt admit people if they had lugz or tims on.....case in point i changed my shoes they let me right in......bars have their dress codes you dont like it go someplace else....you even said it, its not the bouncers fault hes adhereing to the rules so y all the sudden would they turn racist...i am a cop and body language can tell a lot bout a persons demeanor and attitude and how some people are reacting to the situation that just means he was doing his job if he picked up on it.....

Old 03-26-2008, 12:55 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Tre Butta

Not everything is racism. Hit me up when the bouncer is spraying you with water hoses, letting dogs attack you, beating you,calling you n******, and sending you to the colored entrance of the club. This guy doesn't know you, and when the last guy he kick out for being stupid may have been dress the same way, he's is gonna assume your a thug too.
So basically what you're saying is that in order for anyone to be racist, it has to be like the Civil Rights movement? That's absurd. Thanks for proving my point though...

You guys probably can't truly understand where I'm coming from with this, but that's ok. I don't blame you. I know one thing though, that guy was a dick plain and simple, and for whatever reason you gentlemen prefer to label it is, he didn't let me in even after I changed and conformed to their rules.

Nocturnal.... behave like everyone else? Now explain what that means exactly... cause last time I checked, I walked up and was told to I couldn't get in at all due to my clothing, which means I never had a chance to behave.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:23 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Wilcox

So if all of this happened to a white guy and the bouncer was Black would that be racism too? Oh wait it did. It happened out here in CA. We went to a club out here called CLUB BLUE (lame) and He was wearing a hat for some reason. The bouncer said no hats. He complied, put his hat in my car and came back. The bouncer told my him and my other friend no T-shirts (keep in mind this isnta nice club.) They went to my car and one put on a shirt that he brought and the other put on a jacket I had. He let us in at that point and my friend made the comment of it all being rediculous (under his breath to us) and the bounce flipped and told us all that we were trouble makers and didnt belong there "LEAVE NOW"! We are all white. I knew a girl inside who knows the bouncer and she got him to let us in. As we walked in the bouncer says "I'm watchin you!" It was funny like from a movie or something. My friend laughed and said "You do that."

Now. Was that racist cause the bouncer was black? No . . . that issue never came up or dawned on me until you told this story about supposed racism. Racism does live (not in your particular situation) and its sad that it does. People use racism as a scapegoat too much.

Oh and that girl at my work who was complaining that the owner of our company is a racist had to shut up because they just hired another black lady. Effin rediculous that people pull the race card when they dont get their way. Stop making it an issue.
Your situation and mine aren't the same, similar, but not quite. For one, a black bouncer would be hard pressed to impress his racist views upon a predominantly white crowd, no matter what city (Atlanta and D.C excluded). Also, you guys got in, and then your friend made a comment. I didn't say anything about anything being ridiculous. I asked if my change of dress was cool, and the guy agreed it was, but then proceeded to antagonize me further.

I don't see why everyone is trying to compare my situation to theirs. This was a rant. Everyone on this site has ranted about something before, but I guess since I said the guy might be racist, it's become some sort of "stop using the race card." I didn't even PLAY the race card. Jesus. Did you guys even read my original post?

Old 03-26-2008, 03:05 PM
2nd Gear

ROFL. Appreciated that. Well f*ck it then. RACISM IS DEAD.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:34 PM
2nd Gear

Lol. I like it. Those things are there for a reason and do serve their purpose. If anything, such organizations counter-act segregation and racism. Sending black kids to schools that usually only white kids could go to and so on. It's all a matter of perspectives.

The world will always have racism as long as their are differences between people. It's human nature. I just wish it weren't the case. Wishful thinking. someday it would be nice to be able to imapct a change, but that requires a lot of thought and soul searching.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:47 PM
1st Gear

Lol. I like it. Those things are there for a reason and do serve their purpose. If anything, such organizations counter-act segregation and racism. Sending black kids to schools that usually only white kids could go to and so on. It's all a matter of perspectives.

The world will always have racism as long as their are differences between people. It's human nature. I just wish it weren't the case. Wishful thinking. someday it would be nice to be able to imapct a change, but that requires a lot of thought and soul searching.
Are you kidding me?? I'm white and I can't get much help for school from organizations. So you're saying that it's fair that just because someone is born a different color that they should get free rides later in life? I work my *** off to pay for school/rent/car/insurance. My parents give me no money at all. But, hey! I'm white so I guess I'm automatically priveledged.

plus - Playing the race card is an idiomatic phrase referring to an allegation raised against a person who has brought the issue of race or racism into a debate, perhaps to obfuscate the matter

I once got called a racist at work cause I didn't cash a check for a black man. Our policy is that non-customers need 2 peices of ID to cash checks over a certain amount.He only had one peice of ID.But hey, screw that..since he's black and I'm white, I must be a racist.

Yes, racism still exists, but sometimes people jump the gun and cry "racism" before realizing, "hey, maybe the guy just doesn't like me in particular, not my whole race"

/end

Old 03-27-2008, 05:27 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Audi311

Are you kidding me?? I'm white and I can't get much help for school from organizations. So you're saying that it's fair that just because someone is born a different color that they should get free rides later in life? I work my *** off to pay for school/rent/car/insurance. My parents give me no money at all. But, hey! I'm white so I guess I'm automatically priveledged.

plus - Playing the race card is an idiomatic phrase referring to an allegation raised against a person who has brought the issue of race or racism into a debate, perhaps to obfuscate the matter

I once got called a racist at work cause I didn't cash a check for a black man. Our policy is that non-customers need 2 peices of ID to cash checks over a certain amount.He only had one peice of ID.But hey, screw that..since he's black and I'm white, I must be a racist.

Yes, racism still exists, but sometimes people jump the gun and cry "racism" before realizing, "hey, maybe the guy just doesn't like me in particular, not my whole race"

/end
Dude, shut the **** up already about this race card bullshit. It was a joke between me and a friend. The thread title itself is misleading. Don't come bitching about you're white and you're this and you're that.

Until you're a minority, you have no ******* clue what I'm talking about. Period. You can imagine all you want, and compare all your little bullshit situations to other people's, but the fact remains that black people and mexicans are not equal to caucasians in America. Anyone who denies that is full of ****. Seriously.

And despite ALLLLLLL of that, I'm not even the one bringing up all the racial "I'm being treated terribly by the world" ****. I referred to O N E guy. Thanks, talk about jumping the gun. Dumbass.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:12 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for all the cuss words. How old are you?

I'm part hispanic on my mom's side. I used to live in a very racist town in Illinois. I used to get picked on and beat up at school because I was part hispanic and also because I had black friends.If you weren't 100% white in this place than you were a "minority". True I'm not technically a"minority" according to normal standard, but to themI was.So don't come to me with your bull crap of "not knowing what it's like". I've been called names and people attempted to degrade me. Black people and Mexicans? What about Asians or Russians...come on now. And I already said that racism still exists. You have to realize that there is something called reverse racism as well.

You still didn't address my main issue. Why should the color of your skin dictate whether you can get help for school or not? If anything that promotes racism. Apparently I'm not hispanic enough to be able to put that on my papers, so I'm pretty much white. I know a lot of priveledged people in my area that are "minorities". So they should be able to get help for school, even though they can afford school or have thier parents pay for it, yet I can't? Is that really fair?

If the racial comment was a joke, than change the headline. I really don't understand the purpose of this post. If everyone ranted everytime someone crossed them in the wrong way, than this message board would be spammed with crap.

Why don't you start a livejournal or something. Go rant on there. That way you wouldn't look so foolish with your "rants"

/END THREAD

PS - i can tell we're not gonna see eye to eye...so /end

Quick Reply: Racism Lives!!! (Rant)