Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

the random things you notice thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 02:07 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: the random things you notice thread

When you wake up saturday morning and there 2 girls in your bed.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:35 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ocadam

When you wake up saturday morning and there 2 girls in your bed.
... Teach me

Old 11-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

ORIGINAL: vnv727
Well what does someone who was born deaf think in? I have/had severe to moderate hearing loss and was near legally deaf, but I managed to learn language just fine and on time like every one else. What if I never heard anything, totally deaf from birth. How would I think to myself?
very interesting point....but deaf people learn language, just as blind people learn they're way of "seeing".
i would imagine they are able to do the same, but it's a different inerpretation of their world.

....and ewwwww, double ewwwww to those ladies in bed with ocadam. LOL
(dude...you need to keep those secrets to yourself.)

Old 11-06-2007, 09:47 AM

i'd have to disagree (in part)with you there. (or at least have more information available)
regardless of what senses you have, a person still has thier inner soul.(is thatnot what seperates us humans from the rest of life?)
i dunno....maybe fish have inner thoughts....how would one ever know? ....which leads me to KOKO thegorilla. now thathe/she has communication skills....is it possible that the gorilla has inner thoughts like we do???
i think really it's something you'll never know....unless you can ask a baby of a deaf person, who by the time they aquire language will not be able to tell you whether or not they themselves were able to experience such inner conversations.

still, a very interesting question.
i award you the blue ribbon for"question of the day".

Old 11-06-2007, 10:11 AM
2nd Gear

I remember reading in a book entitled "Do Fish Drink Water?", that those blindfrom birthdream in colors and sounds and smells, not images.As for deaf people's inner monologue, I'm sure they think visually. Many people do that anyway, me included.I don't justthink in words, I see what I'm thinking as well. The words that go through your head as you're thinking something are only a side effect, they're like subtitles. They are a way for your brain to makeobvious what it going on, without them, the thought it still happening and the actions resultant from those thoughts still occur.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:13 AM

this is so BAZZAR!!!
at the end of my post, i was gonna say:
we need SilverSeven to chime in on this...he always has some kind of information about everything.

you must have read my mind.
wow...that's creepy.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:20 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee
you must have read my mind.
wow...that's creepy.
I've got eyes and ears everywhere, Sweetee. I'm like J. Edgar Hoover. 'Cept I don't wear dresses.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:12 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: vnv727

he NEVER stated they were good looking girls....hell they mightve looked like this

Warning: Ewwwwwww!

There is not enough beer in the world...

Old 11-07-2007, 03:16 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

I remember reading in a book entitled "Do Fish Drink Water?", that those blindfrom birthdream in colors and sounds and smells, not images.As for deaf people's inner monologue, I'm sure they think visually. Many people do that anyway, me included.I don't justthink in words, I see what I'm thinking as well. The words that go through your head as you're thinking something are only a side effect, they're like subtitles. They are a way for your brain to makeobvious what it going on, without them, the thought it still happening and the actions resultant from those thoughts still occur.
I think I am going to have to find a copy of this book. I checked it out on Amazon and it sounds like it's got all kinds of interesting stuff. I still wonder though, if you are born blind, how do you have a concept of color?

Reminds me of a joke (sorry, this is probably in poor taste):

Q: What's Hellen Keller's favorite color?

A: Denim

Old 11-13-2007, 07:46 AM
1st Gear

wow. this was an unexpected head fck for a drunk person. dont know if its coz im smashed but few of those quesrins are really good