Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Recent kill stories... Let's hear 'em!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 05:05 AM
2nd Gear
Default Recent kill stories... Let's hear 'em!

Well, I've got my fair share of these, so I'll just tell the most recent one... Tonight.

It's been raining in Wilmington for the past 4 days, I'm talking flooding rain... My buddies '99 Civic Si was completely under water yesterday when he woke up, yes, bad rain. So the Type-R has been waiting patiently in the garage for the better part of the week, staying dry and safe from hydrolock. So tonight I came home from picking the Audi up (Parked on the corner in town, stranded for the past few days... Lucky it didn't flood), the roads are nice and dry now, I walk in my garage and look at the Type-R for a bit... She needs some attention. So I go out for a drive into town, just cruising, not even getting on it. I come up into some slow traffic, and I just slow down and hang back, I'm not in a rush for anything. I look in my rearview mirror, and I see some interesting looking headlights coming up quickly, the car flies up, and it's a brand new 3.0i BMW Z4, some frat looking boy driving it, and some fly *** girl in the passenger seat.

He starts speeding up and slowing down, weaving back and forth behind the slower cars, at this point I want to ram him. So the cars eventually pull off, at the same time. So we come up to the stop light side by side. At this point I knew what I had to do, to let this guy know his car's not the Sh*t. I stretch my neck and happen to look over, him and his girl are staring at me, and the girl's giggling a bit, and the guy's got some Sh*t eating grin on his face. The traffic light for the other direction goes yellow, he puts his car into gear, and starts revving up slightly, and inching forward... The left turn lights go green, our lights stay red, he takes off and catches himself, brakes after two feet, and rolls back to where he was... Oh it's on.

The left turn lights go yellow, I give him a little rev to let him know we're going. Lights go green, and the tires actually grip well for it still being a bit moist out, wind out first gear to 9,600RPM, pull on him about half a car length, let off and let the RPM drop down to 6,000RPM (Second gear syncro is bum, built Transmission is going in next week, don't worry), go into second gear without a grind, and hover in VTEC crossover for a second... He catches up even (He's on it, by the way), and I got WOT from 6,000RPM to 9,000RPM, shift hard into third, start pulling car lengths, take third all the way and bounce it off the rev limiter. By this time he was 3-4 car lengths behind me. I get in the left hand turn lane to take my turn, and he flies by me to go straight (He has a red light), his girl turns completely around in the car and stares at my car with her jaw on the floor, in complete disbelief that her man's BMW just got waxed by a little yellow Honduh. The guy looks over at my car as I come to a stop, and just shakes his head with his jaw in the same position as his girls. I smile, and nod at them, take my turn and head home.

Those are the best kills... When they don't expect it. Who knows, maybe I changed their minds about Hondas?

So what good kills have you guys had lately?

Old 08-25-2006, 05:26 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Recent kill stories... Let's hear 'em!

Hey not all honda are rice. my 90 accord non vtec had ***** for such an old car. i would easliy rape alot of FWD stock jap cars. i havent been speeding much latley but i have downshifted hard to pass some yuppy kids in their POS coming home from school. i get soo many 2 to 1 lane road and people are just @$$holes to everyone on the road.

Old 08-25-2006, 01:10 PM
1st Gear

there is a whole section on this site about kills, you'll find a bunch there, I think most of the off-topic posters are full time workers - married no so much the racing crowd.

https://www.audiforums.com/forumid_216/tt.htm

Old 08-25-2006, 01:38 PM
4th Gear

Well I killed a civic the other night and he was cool enough to actualy talk to me afterwerds. He even told me that we had passed a cop that I didn't see. so we both hightailed it out of there.

Old 08-25-2006, 01:42 PM
3rd Gear

I pooted on an altima 2.5s last night.. infront of a cop.. lol that I knew.. in front of the bar I had just left.. the dick almost hit me pulling out of a parking lot and then at the light he started yelling at me.. I told him to chill out and stop being a dick.. he tried to pass me and cut me off but all he got was a good glimps of my tail lights and me flashing my hazards becasue his car was slow...