Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do in this situation?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 02:32 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: What would you do in this situation?

that sucks. I guess the moral of the story is: dont be lazy, change your own oil

Old 10-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Administrator

I wouldnt really say its laziness... more so, I just wanted to make sure it was logged with Audi that I had it done.. why ruin a good service record.. that way if i get a sludge problem or something

Old 10-27-2006, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: blkapra4

that sucks. I guess the moral of the story is: dont be lazy, change your own oil
I second that.

Good reason to have a datalogger though! And i'd definately talk to the owner of the dealership. I think a test drive wouldn't hurt for them to do when changing the oil, make sure everything is ok, but a test drive can just be a quick trip around the block, no need for redlining the car and going at highway speeds, so they are definately in the wrong. Yes i would be seriously pissed off as well.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:31 PM
2nd Gear

The only goal i would have would be to get that tech fired. who cares about anything else

Old 10-27-2006, 05:01 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: swift_A4

The only goal i would have would be to get that tech fired. who cares about anything else
ya i would get his *** fired. i used to work at a body shop that specialized in exotics and my favorite part about the job was being able to drive all the nice cars. mind you i never redlined any of them or got them past 40 mph on the warehouse roads. some of the guys at the shop used to take the porsches and drag race them on the warehouse roads but one day the boss caught them and fired them all on the spot. its not their car and theres no reason for them to be abusing a car thats not even theirs. but i would expect them to also throw in somethin else. like maybe a free oil change or sumthin. wouldn't really hurt the stealerhship at all and would save you some time and money. they fuked up so now they gota deal with the recourse.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:22 PM
2nd Gear

actually, wait for the tech to get off work (preferrably right after he gets fired) and run him off the road

Old 10-27-2006, 08:18 PM
18T
4th Gear

i work at an audi dealership, and i can tell you right now that you first need to talk to the SERVICE MANAGER, and then if that doesnt yield results, go strait to the GENERAL MANAGER of the joint. then the owner or whoever is on top of that.

Its BS what they did. They took it for a joy ride just cuz they know its a fast car. However the techs are not the only ones who drive the cars. You have the porters and sometimes the Service advisors.