Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

WTF? Saturated Timing Belt

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 08:46 PM
5th Gear

Good stuff man. Glad to hear things are (sort of) working out!

And yeah, before I was 25, I had issues with rental car companies. Enterprise was always cool, though.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Slut

Man, this dealership sounds like the biggest bunch of con artists... People like them are the reason some Audi owners are dissatisfied with the company. Props to you for actually going over their heads... I would never bring my car to them again and also make a complaint with the BBB...

Old 02-06-2009, 12:13 AM
5th Gear

wow they are def trying to rob you but ya you have to be 25 to get a loaner, i've tried to convince dealerships to get me a loaner but they tell me i'm not 25+ lol. at least you got things covered though. that's weird enterprise took a deposit, they never took one for me when i rented through them. and like FasterA4 said i'd submit a complaint because that's total bullcrap that nobody needs to put up with.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:55 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by hiwords
wow they are def trying to rob you but ya you have to be 25 to get a loaner, i've tried to convince dealerships to get me a loaner but they tell me i'm not 25+ lol. at least you got things covered though. that's weird enterprise took a deposit, they never took one for me when i rented through them. and like FasterA4 said i'd submit a complaint because that's total bullcrap that nobody needs to put up with.
Toyota tried to loan me a car after driving a customer car out of town to have them reprogram the transmission computer. The computer was fried in the process and they were about to loan me an Enterprise rental car but then they found out I wasn't 21 and that I didn't have full coverage insurance if I had met either of those I would of been alright... They ended up giving the customer a brand new $1000 transmission computer and reprogram FREE! Best part is we were trying to have them reprogram it just to find out if the computer was bad or not hahahaha.

So Toyota dealer better then Audi dealer? Now that's a problem and Audi of America should really look into that... of course my only time going to the Audi dealer for my car was once because I found out I was missing a lug bolt on my tire they gave me one free! Then another time my tire was really low out of town again and I was picking parts up at BMW well I asked the parts manager there if I could get my tire filled he was like you have to talk to service (wtf its just air haha) He said there was a gas station across the street that had a pump. Got there the pumps frozen! So I went to the Audi service and the first guy was like were really busy... the guy next to him in a slightly better mood was like I'll take care of it haha. They didn't charge me for that either.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:13 PM

Please post how this turns out. I agree it should be covered.

Lou

Old 02-08-2009, 11:35 PM

another update... well I got phone call on Friday (the day the car was supposed to be ready) from the dealership telling me that one of the bolts were stripped and they had to order a new one so the car won't be ready til Monday... So I've been driving this POS Ford Focus since Thursday. The dealership said they can only pay for the first day of the rental so the other 3 days will be out of my own pocket. I don't really have a big issue with that but I'm still going to try to get reimbursed for the entire rental. Enterprise has been really good though, I have to fly to FL on tomorrow (Monday) and drop the car off at the airport. They usually charge like $100 for a drop off fee since its at a different enterprise location but they waived it because I had no other way of dropping it off anywhere else. So far it looks like I'm not getting my car back till I come back from FL (Thursday), the warranty is covering everything, and I'm getting reimbursed for the first day of the rental. Lets hope they don't change their story when I actually go pick up my car cuz I will raise hell and call customer relations right in front of them. and as far as having them reimburse me for the entire rental... lets see if I can talk them into doing it. Wish me luck guys! I'll update u when I come back on thursday!

Old 02-09-2009, 11:20 AM
1st Gear

My experience - Timing belt and water pumps, and a couple of other parts along with it on 2001 model. Cost me $1,100 total. They gave me a free oil change. I'd say that if you don't know how to replace them yourselve, you better take a risk and get them replaced. Oh well what do I know..

Old 02-12-2009, 01:12 PM

ok so I got a phone call on Monday and the car is finally done... I'm picking it up today cuz I was in Florida for my National Apple Sales Meeting... and its only costing me $200 for the ENTIRE JOB! Spark Plugs, coilovers, ignition coils, water pump, timing belt, pullys, tensionars and all.... When I get there I'll find out about the rental car reimbursement....

Old 02-14-2009, 02:28 AM

ok so I got the car back and only paid $189! but someone from there stole my camera... so I called the manager and he said he would look into it... I brought up the rental costs and he said he will try to work that out with me since of the camera situation. so I'll prolly get reimbursed another $370... which I shouldn't have paid anyway...

Old 02-14-2009, 03:43 AM

WTF! someone there stole your camera? if that is true and legit i'd be whoopin' someone's @ss