RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

The EPC warning symbol came on today while driving..

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 12:23 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: The EPC warning symbol came on today while driving..

You forgot to say Krispy Kreme...

Old 07-10-2006, 12:58 PM
1st Gear

An even nicer gift for them is on the way. Hopefully it will grease the wheels so to speak.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:44 PM
1st Gear

Well maybe karma is good for you.. I got a call that the Audi tech is already visiting my car and my service rep also called to thank me for the gift. I am happy to hear he's happy, I like people who are helping me to know how much I appreciate their help and that I don't take them for granted. So things are looking good so far.

I have renewed faith and stopped worrying. My car seems to be in very capable hands.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:19 PM
1st Gear

Well I got another update.

They said that they can fix the intake runners by hand, it just needs the flap to be slightly adjusted.

However, the oxygen sensor needs to be replaced. There are 4 of them in the car and 3 of mine are working and 1 of mine is borderling functioning.

He said I could actually take the car home now if I want and drive it until he gets the replacement part, which could take 7-10 business days, but usually arrives a bit sooner.

But he suggested I just leave it because I'll have to hand it back over again once the parts come in.

So I said ok, i don't want to part with it twice, I'll wait..

Hopefully I'll have it back by next tuesday, next friday at the latest according to him.

That would make it about 2 weeks. if it goes that long I will twist AoA's arm very hard to pay for half of the month's payment. That is a long time for a new car.

Right now though the dealer's service rep is doing everything well so far.

He even said he will ensure the car stays out of the sun and inside on the lift up in the air, so nobody even gets near it, and the dirt won't get baked onto the clear coat

Guess the closest I'll come to driving my RS4 in the near future will be by playing Project Gotham 3 on my XBOX 360

Old 07-11-2006, 02:56 PM
1st Gear

AHHH!!! this happened to me this morning on the drive into work!!! i have 110 miles on the damn car and i just picked up it LAST NIGHT!!!! holy crap!!!

i shut it off and turned it back on and the light went away but i'll keep an eye on it.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:09 PM
1st Gear

Bring it in now. Don't wait, it's worth finding out sooner than later what is causing it. It may or may not be the same thing that is in my car.

I know it sucks BIG TIME!

Old 07-11-2006, 04:28 PM
1st Gear

What the Fu** GmbH!? The RS4 is supposed to be Bullet proof...atleast for the first year or two w/ out any mods! I am starting to wonder if "z germans" are sending over defective RS's (if there is such a thing)-call me pesimistic. Alot of U.S. RS4 owners have had a major malfunction w/in their first week...unacceptable AUDI!
I too know how hard it is to not have my RS for days due to the problems I have mentioned in the past and Yes it does SUCK! What is even harder is trying to explain to your buddies why you are not in your new 80k ride?!
I hate to hear that for you tsunami. As I told T.S.-get it in there ASAP! Refer to the problem Toysnob is having, might help them identify the problem?

Old 07-11-2006, 05:12 PM

from what info I can gather its down to the MAF but you can check it out your selves
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=aud...=&start=0&sa=N

Old 07-11-2006, 05:20 PM
1st Gear

I have to say that it has kind of killed off a lot of the buzz I had. It really sucks. I never had any issues with my S4 like this.

I am going to pick up my RS4 this afternoon. The O2 part isn't in yet but I decided I'd rather have the car in my garage where I can show it to friends and sit in it and clean it, than having it sit at the dealer for another week.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:22 PM
1st Gear

Is the MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) the same thing as the oxygen sensor?

That is basically what is wrong in my car. The service rep said there are 4 of these sensors and that 3 of them are working and one is borderline working.

Quick Reply: The EPC warning symbol came on today while driving..