RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

The EPC warning symbol came on today while driving..

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Default RE: The EPC warning symbol came on today while driving..

oxygen sensor = o2 sensor/lambda sensor, you show me a car that doesn't have a problem and ill show you round the moon on foot

Old 07-11-2006, 05:36 PM

its a simple problem and common on the V6, the precat o2 sensor is always the first to go down (sitting behind the steering wheel it to your right hand side regardless of RHD/LHD) BANK 1 SENSOR 2 there are many reasons for this sensor to fail but the most common is cold water shock (it speaks for its self) drive on normal road and go through cold water and bam you have the problem, there is a code for that sensor so the dealer/garage should be able to tell you

Old 07-11-2006, 05:38 PM
1st Gear

I will admit, all cars do have problems. However, having the kind of problems that we are having with brand new super cars built by experts/some decendants of gottlieb diamler (man who created the internal cumbustion engine), happening w/in the first week of purchase is rediculous.
I never thought I wouldn't have a problem with this car but I (along with everyone else) did not think this would happen so soon. Lets take a poll and see what everyone thinks about this car and the amount of problems we find ourselves having. I'll bank on the fact that most would agree that it shouldn't be happening so soon or happening period.
Adding new pads, rotors, clutch, possible blown speaker...simple stuff like that-ya, you would expect over time to replace. But having to reset/replace the mass airflow sensor in the first week, come on, flat out wrong dude!

Old 07-11-2006, 05:43 PM
1st Gear

i'm going to print out this entire thread and walk it into the dealer. and i'll insist on getting one of their loaner Q7s for my trouble. i think that's the least they can do [:@]

Old 07-11-2006, 05:44 PM

did you know more (new cars) have more problems the 3 year old cars ( which is why I wont buy new) and the reason is called running in and common to new cars, so buy a 3 year old car that has had all the tinkering problems sorted at their cost to enjoy your "new ride" the new buyer or newB sorts all your problems out FACT

Old 07-11-2006, 05:51 PM

its nice to buy a new car every thing is warranty so it constantly in the dealers grabbing hands who wish to extort the warranty to the max, so its like a test bed and you drive around in a test car but believe me its standard practice

Old 07-11-2006, 06:37 PM
1st Gear

avant80, I think you make some good points but i believe you're generalizing a bit too much here. sure there is a downside to owning a first model year car. but to think that dealers are being grabby with our RS4s for no real reason is ridiculous. the problems we are having a real, its not like the dealer is making them up.

I think we have a right to be vocally dissapointed after such a MASSIVE purchase.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:18 PM
1st Gear

This is true but, how long will Audi produce the '07 RS4? I doubt longer than 2 years. I hope so at least for resale purposes. I do agree completely, anytime you have a new model hit the floor, even the manufacturer waits a year or two to see what all goes wrong w/ their new concept. Unfortunatley with the RS4 we (the owners) don't have that Luxury. You will never get anywhere in life if you don't take a risk-FYI. Being that a select few of us did and the majority are having these problems is BS!
I have to say though that the RS4 is not a mass produced vehicle and it stands in a league of its own. Whenever a country is only granted 1,000 models a year (if not less) 99% of them should be in "good health"--for the first year or two. No matter how you look at it, these problems shouldn't be happening on a German built world class super car! Granted, mine is working fine and I have no problems w/ the EPC light...I am just backing up the others who are in a raw deal. Wouldn't you be a little pissed?

Old 07-11-2006, 07:18 PM
1st Gear

Well said T.S.!

Old 07-11-2006, 07:24 PM

its not a problem the manufacturer is making up its just they have tested it out enough and pressured into introducing a new model because of competition and that's normal (then the problems start) and the fixes come along the way (its called engineering)

Quick Reply: The EPC warning symbol came on today while driving..