RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

The EPC warning symbol came on today while driving..

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Default RE: The EPC warning symbol came on today while driving..

see now out of all that we get an answer (115%) AND THATS A LOT OF MONEY[:@] so why don't they give the Audi buyer some credit and let them have these new cars a little cheaper as a gift for staying with them I know its asking a lot but many other companies do it and it promotes the brand ( to invest in the buyers reaps rewards ) if I got that right

Old 07-18-2006, 05:40 PM
1st Gear

Staying with them? It was a loaner. Don't know if tsunami was a previous audi owner but if not...what???
As for the RS4 vs 2.0T difference...there are quite a few, which you all already know but I have to reiterate for peace of mind. Built by a select team of 10 through Quattro GmbH instead of basic audi manufacturers, Seats, wheels, preforated leather, engine/components, brakes, suspension, exhaust, gauge cluster, moldings, paint, grille, 60-40, shorter linkage, aerodynamics etc etc-damn, almost the whole freakin car is different and well worth the extra money! Granted, 80k is a sh**ton of money for any car, I find it worth it once behind the wheel of this beast. I agree on the auto 2.0T, going from a standstill is slower than if I got out and pushed.

Old 07-18-2006, 05:46 PM

if you say so of course I wont debate the issue because most engineers came from Britain in the development of the engine just like ferrari

Old 07-19-2006, 03:28 PM
1st Gear

well i'm supposed to get the RS4 back today. something about 6 techs from AoA working on it all day yesterday and having to remove the front clip to get to some vacuum hose near the intake manifold that had ruptured because a clip was overtorqued... i dunno. i'll get more details when i pick it up but sounds like the "select team of 10" at Quattro GmbH like to overtorque things a bit too much, huh trev?

i drove around town yesterday in that 2.0T loaner and figured out that if you drive 100% of the time in tiptronic mode controlling your revs and left foot brake it from a start and let the turbo spool prior to launch, this car is actually peppy and fun to drive. yes i am going stir crazy in this buzzy thing and i'm trying to make lemonade out of a lemon (figure of speech, not saying it's a lemon or anything)...

my other "RS" car is in the shop too so life is just sucking for me this week [&o]

Old 07-19-2006, 05:30 PM
1st Gear

Sounds like the "select team of 10" was more excited about the build then we were about driving it. Maybe that team isn't so select...doesn't matter mine is running great/sux others aren't!

Old 07-20-2006, 03:15 PM
1st Gear

You get your car back yet TSunami? How is it running?

Old 07-22-2006, 09:16 PM
1st Gear

car's back. but the dealer didn't have the paperwork "finished" because "there's a whole lot they need to write". however, i did make sure the dealer noted that the AoA techs found the need to put THIRTY NINE (39) MILES on my car for "evalution" to diagnose, fix and test the car. that's more than my usual commute to work, around to get lunch, and back home in one day!!! point being, i will be taking up and pursuing this issue with the dealer and AoA. excuse my german but "dieses ist bullsh!t..."

but the vacuum hose seems to have fixed the EPC and service engine light as well as the "flapping" noise coming from the exhaust. apparently, the lack of vacuum caused the normal mode in-exhaust valve not to stay closed and the exhaust would force through and cause the it to "flap". when S mode was engaged, the flap naturally opened and the noise went away.

in addition to this "mileage descrepency", i still have to go back to the dealer because they didn't fix a knocking noise coming from the right rear wheel housing/suspension area when the car is cold. every time i drove over a bump or other road imperfection, there'd be this knocking noise. at first it sounded like something rolling around in the trunk but after checking to make sure the trunk was empty and everything else was secured, it still continued. funny part is, it only happens when the car is cold, for about 5 minutes, so it leads me to believe that this problem is exhaust related as well.

anywho, the drama continues. i'll keep everyone posted.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:31 AM
1st Gear

Very interested to know about the knocking noise. My RS is running great but notice in sharp turns sometimes the same type of noise...very seldom FYI. I have a few things in the trunk but for the most part all are secure. Let me know dude.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17633/1ECC4ECE4B6E465C81154512B0D75800.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Default Question... please help?

I have an 07 Q7 and the EPC warning light turned on and the engine malfunction light while I was cruising on the highway. The car won't accelerate over 300 rpms and when I try to push it, the car automatically down shifts gears to 2nd. Switching into Manual doesn't seem to help. All the dealership told me was they had to take out my engine to figure out what was wrong because they thought my engine alignment was off??, and I haven't heard back from them for a couple days now. Any one know whats possibly happening?

Old 10-23-2009, 02:40 AM

^bump^

Quick Reply: The EPC warning symbol came on today while driving..