RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

New RS4 Pricing

Old 04-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Default New RS4 Pricing

Hi all, first post, as I may soon be the owner of a new RS4.

I was wondering, what sort of wiggle room is there in the price of the RS4. Is everyone pretty much paying sticker, or have below sticker prices been acheived (often). I have seen Edmunds say that people are paying MSRP, and KBB says over MSRP, but I wanted to get an idea of the market before I set a deal in stone.

I have been unsucessful in negotiating anything better than sticker, but I still want to pull the trigger. I just want to make sure that I am not getting ripped off. Does anyone know what the current market conditions are?

Thanks, and I look forward to posting in the future.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Default RE: New RS4 Pricing

Anyone have any idea? Any new RS4 buyers in the US over the past year? Anyone bargain down much from MSRP?

(Yup, I'm impatient... I just want to be able to get this deposit down before someone else does)

On another note, how is the headroom? I am 6'2" and barely fit into the A4 with sunroof. I assume the room is almost identical (there are no RS4s on the lot anywhere, so I would have to put down a deposit without having sat in it. luckily, I would get to drive it before accepting delivery, and would get my deposit back if I don't like it. So, if I don't fit, not the end of the world).

Old 04-29-2008, 12:35 PM
1st Gear

Headroom is identical. You can order with sunroof delete which gives you a couple more inches.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:58 PM
1st Gear

There may be wiggle room for a car sitting on the lot if you call $500 a wiggle. If you're ordering the car you will be paying MSRP.

There is a slight difference in headroom compared to an A4. It seems the RS4 seat is a tad lower or has more adjustment or something. I'm 6'4" and the A4 sunroof trim would sometimes touch my head. That would drive me crazy. I ordered my RS4 without a sunroof. According to specs it only adds 0.6" (headroom goes from 37.9" to 38.5"). I wish it was a couple of inches, but its not. But it is enough for me and its worlds better than an A4 or RS4 with a sunroof. The headliner without the sunroof has no obstructions and you feel much less cramped (if you're tall). I highly recommend the sunroof delete. The last thing I wanted was to order in a car that had some annoying issue.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:54 PM

I just sat in one at a different dealer, and my headroom is okay. Since I think they have stopped production to the US, I am stuck with the dealer orders. Luckily, I can get everything else I want, aside from the delete sunroof option. Looks like I may have a match.

This dealer would also not lower the price, but he will give me a better trade in on my current car.

I may end up pulling the trigger. Just need to sleep on it one more night.

On another note, how are the stock tires in the snow? Although I can see myself getting something better, I would love to be able to live with one set all year round. Am I going to need to buy a second set?

Old 04-30-2008, 09:38 AM
1st Gear

High performance tires suck in snow/ice. All season tires suck on a performance car. Snow tires on an Audi are amazing. Bridgestone and Dunlop both make snow tires that for 19" wheels.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:19 PM
PW
1st Gear

The Dunlops are a good choice. I have the all seasons here in Denver and I just put my Pirrelli PZero Rossos' back on for the sunny days. As for size, I'm 6"1" and 185lbs and fit just fine with the sunroof. My buddy, whom I work with, is 6"11' and 300lbs and he fits in the passenger seat, though he is a bit cramped. So You should be ok at....As for paying below MSRP, I paid just more than $5,000 under sticker. but my buddy is the sales manager.....so I consider myself lucky.

Good Luck!

Old 05-01-2008, 11:51 PM
1st Gear

Hi Justin

Guess your chances have run out of getting the RS4 without sunroof at this time, as far as I am informed, all RS4's preordered by Audi North America was WITH sunroof (wird though), if you wanted it without, the lillte box called "Delete Sunroof" had to be ticked. However, that is to late now when the production has stopped! Anyway

Concerning the tires, I fully agree with Tim, whatever it will be delivered with P-Zero or PS2, they are worth nothing in snow, I will even go as far as saying as they are upright dangeros on ice or in snow!!!! Nevertheless, you will fully appriciate them during summer. I have to push my PS2's very hard having them letting go of their grip.

I am not fully aware of how much ice and snow you have to deal with during winter, but to have a little "safe"fun during winter too, you should try to find out a way of using tires smaller then the original 255 but with spikes instead. Yes, you will have to be careful when the roads are ice and snow free, but you would be able to leave any other cars behind the days where the roads are covered with ice or snow, fun that I could only think of here in SoCal.

Anyway, we are looking forward to hear from you when you have had the first miles in a RS4, you will not regret it!!!