RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

RS6

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 05:58 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: RS6

k. the 6sp COULD be put on the RS6, but you wouldn't get the mileage out of it you would expect from a factory. you COULD retrofit a honda civic tranny onto a Mustang GT as well... but the mustang's stock tranny is gonna last much longer, right? in order for the RS6 to have a tranny that would last the proper mileage, they would have to develop a completly new tranny... which doesn't make business sense, for aforementioned... the manual wouldn't sell enough to make profit out of R&D.

slapping the civic tranny onto the stang raises another question, ever thought that the 6sp gearing is worse, and much slower than the auto tranny? therefore making the manual a worse choice durability AND performance wise.

Old 03-31-2005, 12:52 AM
1st Gear

some1 that is gonna spend 118k on a non-practical car and then the extra $$ to ruf it is an enthusiast, knows what he/she is doing and probabaly tracks and competes alot. an rs6 on the other hand is not in the same class as a ruf r, i don;t get ur comparision, but the person who is driving the ruf is completely different than the person driving the rs6 imo. both dead sexy however

Old 04-01-2005, 01:41 PM
rs
2nd Gear

i guess weight would play a slight factor...but we are talking about audi, they prolly have this tranny engineered already. i can understand that not making profit outta it, but thats why it should be optional to have a manual mated to it. where in many cases the automatic is an option u get. take the new lambo murcielago, optional automatic, 10,500 factory option